CEH Practical

cyberforensicscyberforensics Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
I recently obtained my CEH. I'm interested in either working towards the new CEH Practical or the eJPT certification (eLearnSecurity Junior Penetration Tester) next. Has anyone taken the CEH Practical exam/lab yet or know someone who has? If so, what was your experience like? I also thought about working towards the eJPT certification first and then the CEH Practical until I got more feedback from people who took the CEH Practical.

Comments

• Naruto985Naruto985 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi cyberforensic
    I have not taken the ceh practical. I still don't know how much it cost. Just took eJPT. It is awesome :) and planning to give exam this week. About my experience, don't have much experience in pen testing.
    Just check the cost for ceh practical. EJPT for elite pack cost around 400 $ but full edition is fine too. I still have 45 hours left in Hera labs :)
    Regards
  • bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @naruto985 - So EJPT, is that somewhat similar to Pentest+?
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Other than the application fee, I'm seeing a $950 and $1150 price on the EC-Council store.

$950 = "CEH ECC Exam Center Voucher"
    $1150 = "CEH VUE Exam Voucher"

I do know that the written and practical are the same price.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • dkorzhevindkorzhevin Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Will take CEH V10 Practical today
  • charismaticxcharismaticx Member Posts: 160 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I never understood the point of the practical exam. Maybe, it’s EC Council’s attempt to bring back some value to their exam. There’s far better certs out there than CEH. 
    Goals: PNPT; OSCP; GPYC; GSE
  • fitzlopezfitzlopez Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Will take CEH V10 Practical today
    How was the CEH Practical, any tips on how to study?

Just got a voucher and probably going to go for it next year.

Cheers,
    FL