Options

Ccnp from mcsa?

danielcreeddanielcreed Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
I don't know if this is a good path to go. But I am nearly finishing mcsa 2016 and mcsa windows 10. Now I want to do my ccnp. I have my ccna from 2013. Is this a good path or am I crazy to go from systems to Cisco networking. Just curious on people's thoughts. I love doing both just to clarify. Is ccnp more for people with experience in cisco equipment. I have no real world experience with it. Just studying of theory. And deploying the odd Gui routers some switches.

Any advice for a 25 year old working in the Linux administraton world. 

Thanks for reading and any advice is appreciated. 

Comments

• Options
    kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Is your CCNA still active? If not, you will need to take it again before moving on to CCNP.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • Options
    Oh really. That's interesting. I did not know that. I guess back to basics 
  • Options
    cochi78cochi78 Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you want to do that switch - why not? I keep jumping between AWS, DevOps, Security and soon Cisco just for giggles.

Might mean that you need to omit some certs on applications though. Depending on the target audience, you might not want to appear "jumpy" even though it's just being multi-talented/qualified. I have like three different CVs at hand for those opportunities.
  • Options
    I been doing Microsoft for about 3 years now and to be honest a little bored of that way of thinking. Networking and Cisco particularly have been my favorite certifications I found it so fun. I agree though I don't want to look like I go from one role to another.