Passed A+ Core

jhw7387jhw7387 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the A+ Core with a score of 803. I bought 3 books to prepare for this, however, they did not cover in depth a lot of the questions on the exam. I purchased Meyers All-in-One, A+ FastPass, and Dummy's A+. I think the the thing I learned from this is to read the objectives more carefully, i.e. the customer service questions (this subject was not mentioned in any of the books I purchased). Even though I a passed, I am bit leary about using these books to study for the OS part. Anyone have a better recommended study source. I am worry these books may not cover some question that will be asked on the exam. I am glad to have passed and really didn't think I did when I finished.

Comments

• johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
    CONGRATS!! That's a great score!! :D
    BS - Computer Science
    MS - Computer Information Systems

A+ Certification Practice Questions Exam Cram 2: Exams 220-301,220-302 (Exam Cram 2) see here for example http://www.amazon.co.uk/Certification-Practice-Questions-Exam-Cram/dp/0789731088/sr=8-1/qid=1168180424/ref=sr_1_1/026-2273620-7055637?ie=UTF8&s=books

Hope this helps

-Ken

btw, congrats on the exam and good luck on the next one.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    jhw7387 wrote:
    I passed the A+ Core with a score of 803. I bought 3 books to prepare for this, however, they did not cover in depth a lot of the questions on the exam. I purchased Meyers All-in-One, A+ FastPass, and Dummy's A+. I think the the thing I learned from this is to read the objectives more carefully, i.e. the customer service questions (this subject was not mentioned in any of the books I purchased). Even though I a passed, I am bit leary about using these books to study for the OS part. Anyone have a better recommended study source. I am worry these books may not cover some question that will be asked on the exam. I am glad to have passed and really didn't think I did when I finished.

First, Congrats on your Pass. :)

Not sure how the Meyers book failed you though? That is one of the best books for preparing for the A+. Second best is Sybex. Personally, I don't recommend the Dummies books as I not found anything of that series to be worth reading....again, just my opinon.

Glad you see the value of the Objectives! The Objectives are recommended to everyone looking for a place to 'start' to study for exams, yet too many seem to think those of us who've been through this are just passing them off. We are NOT. THe Objectives are key.

As far as OS (or even for the Core), I'd have recommended that you have experience working with computers and not just board-swapping experience. The objectives. Meyers and/or Sybex. For 2006 objectives I'd recommend the Sybex book first since it is the most recent book on the market covering those objectives....though I purchased the book when it released and think that if someone goes over the objectives they can still prepare properly for the exams.

Since you have "OS" remaining, I'll guess you are on the 2003 objectives, so that puts me back to recommending Meyers book.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    jhw7387 wrote:
    I used the A+ Fast Pass to pass both of my A+ tests. I doubt you will find study materials anywhere that cover the customer service questions. Those questions rely heavily on common sense and some real-world experience working with people, which is something you can't teach out of a book.
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Awesome job!!!
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gificon_mrgreen.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks