Want to listen to videos while in car. What's the best way to do it?

SurferdudeHBSurferdudeHB Member Posts: 199 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have some Udemy videos that I can watch online but I'd like to listen to them while I'm driving.  I was thinking of recording the audio portion using Audacity.  Then playback in my car.  Any other ideas or better ways to do this?

Comments

• joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've downloaded videos on the Safari app and connected to my car via bluetooth and listened that way. I just leave my phone put away somewhere where I won't be tempted to look at it.
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    edited January 2019
    Maybe I'm just old-fashion and risk adverse - but isn't that kind of a dangerous way to study? Plus I can't imagine that it would be a quality way to study.
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I probably did this the oldschool way :D but when I was in school I used a voice recorder to record voice notes, lectures, and video dialogue and then played them through the aux jack in the car on the way to and fro school.

Had an hour commute each way, so it really helped me a lot, especially right before exams.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The videos play in the app minimized, and I listen with my cell phone connected to my car's stereo via Bluetooth. Very easy to do.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    edited January 2019
    Playing it in the phone (NOT watching it please) and sending it via Bluetooth to the car is right. I had to attend an Adobe Connect meeting a few months ago where I just needed to listen and unfortunately it was during my drive home time. It worked beautiful and didn't even have to handle the phone.

MontagueVandervort Aux? No thanks grandpa :smile:

MontagueVandervort Aux? No thanks grandpa :smile:

Are you kidding??? :D  It was 2009, and I had a brand new car that had AUX... something I had never experienced before since the only other car I ever had access to was 30+ years old.

It was new tech for me man. I was driving down the road feeling high-tech! :D:D:D
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■

Are you kidding??? :D  It was 2009, and I had a brand new car that had AUX... something I had never experienced before since the only other car I ever had access to was 30+ years old.

It was new tech for me man. I was driving down the road feeling high-tech! :D:D:D

I know we are going off-topic but having a built-in aux is pretty nice. I used a cassette adapter in my old car. 
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Bluetooth option is worth a try. The audio should also pause automatically if you receive calls.
    Mute notifications while listening to avoid beeps in your audio.
    paul78 said:
    I know we are going off-topic but having a built-in aux is pretty nice. I used a cassette adapter in my old car. 

You were lucky. My old car didn't even have a cassette player. :D:D