Options

Passed CCSP 1/4/19

jumblerrjumblerr Member Posts: 101 ■■■□□□□□□□
Not too bad. Used CCSP CBK and Sybex test prep online. Studied about 2 weeks.

Comments

• Options
    maxfredmaxfred Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, how did you go on the Sybex practice tests comparatively?
     Did you find the content topics were accurate to the exam. I'm trying to gauge my readiness against those but understand the exam has a greater focus on application security so am trying to master that - and data center safety....
  • Options
    maxfred said:
    Congratulations, how did you go on the Sybex practice tests comparatively?
     Did you find the content topics were accurate to the exam. I'm trying to gauge my readiness against those but understand the exam has a greater focus on application security so am trying to master that - and data center safety....
    Did OK on the Sybex tests, but the important thing is they only get you ready for the question FORMATTING. All the questions are going to be tricky. Its got the same feel as the CISSP, except its only 125 questions and the scope of the exam is not as broad. 
  • Options
    SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! 

I assume Sybex practice tests are the same as "CCSP Official ISC2 Practice Tests. 

The thing is that I am really annoyed by several non-logical questions and answers, just posted about this in my CCSP preparation thread, for example stating that "Resources Exhaustion" is a risk that affects cloud by not legacy networks. And several questions that have a right answer based on a scenario imagined by the writer, while with a similar scenario I can totally justify another answer. 
  • Options
    SDee said:
    Congratulations! 

I assume Sybex practice tests are the same as "CCSP Official ISC2 Practice Tests. 

The thing is that I am really annoyed by several non-logical questions and answers, just posted about this in my CCSP preparation thread, for example stating that "Resources Exhaustion" is a risk that affects cloud by not legacy networks. And several questions that have a right answer based on a scenario imagined by the writer, while with a similar scenario I can totally justify another answer. 
    Thanks! I agree that some questions could have more than 1 right answer. Its why you have to really think out the scenario and narrow it down to the BEST answer. That's what's so tricky, this is an English language test more than a technical test.
  • Options
    Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing @jumblerr
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    edited January 2019
    Congratulations Jumblerr! Two weeks is a very short time to study for, what is your work experience like? I had some frustrations when I wrote the CCSP last year and jaded whether I should be attempting it again but based on the recent CCSP threads, I feel like I should give it another go. 

Cheers, 
    DZA_
  • Options
    Swift6 said:
    Congrats on passing @jumblerr
    Thanks@Swift6!
  • Options
    DZA_ said:
    Congratulations Jumblerr! Two weeks is a very short time to study for, what is your work experience like? I had some frustrations when I wrote the CCSP last year and jaded whether I should be attempting it again but based on the recent CCSP threads, I feel like I should give it another go. 

Cheers, 
    DZA_
    Thanks! I've been working in cloud for 7 years so I have quite a bit of experience. Otherwise, its a typical ISC2-style exam. Same question format. I would use the CCSP Practice Test Book from Sybex as the questions there resemble the format the best! Give it another shot!!
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job @jumblerr

After reading some CCSP and CCSK posts, I'm on the fence whether I should take this one or not. 
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    Great job @jumblerr

After reading some CCSP and CCSK posts, I'm on the fence whether I should take this one or not. 
    Thanks! I'm on the board of the local CSA chapter so I thought it would be best to knock these out.

Taking CSSLP next week!!