Failed - Security + - Need Help

harryaliharryali Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear Friends,

I attempted Security + exam last week and my score was 754 icon_sad.gif. Not sure where dropped the ball. I studied online material, Security + Book, over 800 practice questions, etc.

Any suggestions, study material, etc. will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Haider

Comments

• tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    Your very close so you should pass next time, did you use only 1 book to study with? most here including myself recommend more than one book to study with i personally used 3 in total the sybex 3rd edition, syngress and exam cram with 700 practice questions also and the notes on this site to pass.

Good luck and never give up :D
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Unfortuantley some of the questions are kinda poorly worded. I used the Syngress book and the Sybex book for this exam plus technotes from this site.

http://www.techexams.net/co_securityplus.shtml
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I think the only thing you're lacking, if you've been hitting the books, is some practical experience. The best thing you could do is try to set up some of the scenarios you find in the practice books (such as the Thomson book has an additional lab manual), play around with Snort, various firewalls, etc. You can also check out CBT Nuggets for some more interactive training, which will show you how things are set up and give you an idea of how some of the more abstract concepts translate to the actual computers. One thing I always recommend is TestOut, which will give you videos, (printable) written material, simulators and lab scenarios, as well as some quizzes and testing at the end of each section to make sure the concepts stick.

Whatever path you choose, the advice is "practice, practice, practice". . . always.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • harryaliharryali Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much for your postings; all the postings are very helpful.

I don't have the syngress book, does anyone have the soft copy/online version of the book or I should go head and buy it?

Anyone knows the most reasonable BrainDumps website for Security+?

Thanks in advance.
  • tony0101tony0101 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You may not want to mention braindumps on this site..... hint hint hint.

Study more and more. You will get the hang of things after awhile. Go to cramsession and get a study guide for security+, and the CEH study guide. IT will help. This website has excellent notes also.
    Say Hello To MY little friend!!!
    TONY Cleaveland
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    tony0101 wrote:
    You may not want to mention braindumps on this site..... hint hint hint.

Where did he mention a brain ****?
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    harryali wrote:

Anyone knows the most reasonable BrainDumps website for Security+?

Thanks in advance.

icon_neutral.gif
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • IonCannonIonCannon Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Harry, there are lots of practice tests out there. I dont think it's a big deal to take practice tests to learn concepts. What I did was found all I could and used a word processor to blank out the answers then took the tests straight up, went back and graded my answers. The ones I missed I reviewd study material from CISSP books I had to see why I had missed them. The braindumps out in cyberspace will only help you a little bit but the key is to learn the concepts that the questions cover! Don't try to memorize questions and answers. That will not help you. Memorize concepts and why the answers are the way they are and you will do great!

-stiletto