Spare GIAC/GCIH Practice Exam?

sjrubensteinsjrubenstein Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Any chance anyone has a spare GIAC/GCIH Practice Exam please?  I used up both of my practice exams already....   :-(

Many thanks!
Stephen
Tagged:

Comments

• TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What were you scores like?
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • sjrubensteinsjrubenstein Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Your close, how's your index look?
    My index isn't too bad but with each new piece of revision I do its growing...

Its currently 4 back to back pages (with double columns).  So 8 pages long so far.
  • JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ooph. My index ended up being 19 pages, single sided. 
    How are you when you are taking the practice? Are you using the index? Are you refraining from it as much as possible? Are you taking the time to understand the question?

I know with me, anyway, when I took practice exams, my anxiety kicked in for the first 20 questions or so and I mellowed out afterward. 

Can you post up either a snippet of your index or the whole thing?

70% is very close. 
    I received a 76% on both of my practice exams and passed the actual test. 
    My index isn't too bad but with each new piece of revision I do its growing...

Its currently 4 back to back pages (with double columns).  So 8 pages long so far.

Sounds like to me you need to work on your index, My index was 1212 entries, or 32 pages printed landscape. In addition I had a second index with 400 entries just on the programs and what they did and try to categorize them type (anti-virus, back-door, code / flaw check, etc.) While some people only need a short index, they are generally scoring into the 90's on there practice exams. Me I need all the help I can get. My practice exam scores were 76%, 80% and passed with a 78%. Your close enough that I think a good index will give you the extra points to pass.   

Firewall Disable Linux34iptables -F  (Page 30)
    Sniffers35gather all information transmitted across a line
    Promiscuous mode35an ethernet interface that gathers all traffic reguardless of destination address

I suggest you do something like this, (keyword), (Book number), (tab or page number) and (short definition) as you go thru the books. Than sort Alphabetically when your finished.   

edited January 2019
    SnifferWireshark17Investigate Software Page 40
    Sniffer Subterfuge Framework (Linux)311a Tool simular to ettercap, sniffing, os fingerprinting, connect killing (Page76)
    Sniffer - WirelessMarious Milner wrote InSSDER210Tools for Wireless LAN Discovery (WAR DRIVING)
    Sniffer - WirelessMetaGeek wrote Netstumbler210Tools for Wireless LAN Discovery (WAR DRIVING)
    Sniffer - WirelessNetstumbler by Marius Milner210Tools for Wireless LAN Discovery (WAR DRIVING)
    Sniffer - WirelessOmnipeek 210Wireless sniffing and better analysis  Page 63
    Sniffer - Wireless InSSIDER by MetaGeek210Tools for Wireless LAN Discovery (WAR DRIVING)
    Sniffer - Wireless Kismet210Linus Sniffing tool Passively sniff wireless networks
    SQL InjectorHavij413tool to automate scanning for SQL injection flaws (Page 94)

The formatting got wacked, but it looks fine when I try to edit it.

In addition you can also create a separate index just on the programs and what they do, I sorted them by Function, then Keyword, book, Tab and definition. It helps on the questions they ask you what program is a sniffer, or something similar. The key to a good index is to be able to look up answers quickly, without having to flip thru the books looking up all 4 answers on the test to find the correct answer to the question.    

edited January 2019
    A final piece of advise is to do versioning when creating an index. So you work on your index the 1st day, that's version 1, then you add to it the second day, that's version 2, and so on. I read several stories where people just keep adding to the same file only to have to get corrupted somewhere along the way and have to start from scratch again. If version 12 get wacked, you can revert back to version 11 and start from there. I have 13 versions for 504, 6 versions for the 504 program index, 22 versions for GREM and 10 versions for GSEC.  I also worked on my index at work and at home, between my work computer, home computer and email attachments sending the index back and forth, I had multiple backups of each version. Don't be that guy who works on the same index file for two months only to have a bad save, HD crash, USB corruption lose all your hard work.
    Great, thanks for that.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    +1 on versioning. LPT: Do it Google Docs or similar. There's no way I would work locally on an index, because I know something will happen and mess it up
    edited January 2019
    +1 on versioning. LPT: Do it Google Docs or similar. There's no way I would work locally on an index, because I know something will happen and mess it up
    I wouldn't even completely trust Google Docs either, I know a SANS instructor, who had some hacking software on his Google drive and Google discovered it and wiped his whole drive, not just the offending software. Multiple backups, in multiple locations is the way to go.   
  • BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Y'all have some crazy detailed indexes!  My indexes so far have been 4-6 pages.  Single line: Book Number > Page Number > Title of Content.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I don't keep my hacking software there, so good to go!