Passed eJPT Today!

PenguineerPenguineer Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
I finally got off my a** and took the cert. :smile: I started the process yesterday afternoon and finished today with a score of 100%.

Before I started the exam, I finished all the modules in the course except for the web application modules. That was a very, VERY bad idea. Pro tip for you guys: Don't skip the web app modules. I am pretty comfortable with the network attack tools and system attack tools, but I was struggling with the web attack tools during the exam. I'm absolutely disgusted at how bad I am at web app pen testing and I'll most likely enroll in eWPT in the future. Also, for some reason I thought that you had to write a report for this exam, so I wasted a few hours on writing the report. I don't know where I got that idea from.

Some tips:
Make sure you have a reliable network connection. I connected to the exam environment using an unreliable wireless connection and my connection dropped more than 3 times during the exam. Why didn't I use a reliable Ethernet connection? Because I don't have one long enough to reach the couch. :D
Make sure you do all the labs

What's Next?
Virtual Hacking Labs: I will be working on rooting those 38 boxes until my OSCP start date. My start date for the OSCP is on March 3, but I might push it back a month depending on where I'm at in VHL. Also, I'm still (lightly) studying for the CSX-P.

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    edited January 2019
    Congrats on the pass!!! I actually just finished the PTSv3 course myself and am going over the labs again in prep for the exam. Curious, did you have all of the techniques from the labs memorized or did you have to do a ton of referencing for the exam? I did make a reference sheet with all of the various commands from the different modules.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Excellent work! Congrats!

For mine, I kept all of my training material and other reference docs available on my laptop, which I have networked to my desktop for easy access. There were times when I had to reference the training videos, too.
  • PenguineerPenguineer Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 said:
    Congrats on the pass!!! I actually just finished the PTSv3 course myself and am going over the labs again in prep for the exam. Curious, did you have all of the techniques from the labs memorized or did you have to do a ton of referencing for the exam? I did make a reference sheet with all of the various commands from the different modules.
    For reference, I only did 3/12 of the labs and still have ~53/60 hours left. I think that if you do all the labs twice that you'd be golden. The biggest thing to focus on is knowing what tool to use in what situation. I didn't do the web attack section at all before starting. Sometimes you just have to jump in and do it. I think that you'll do fine, especially with the certs and experience that you have.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congrats!I loved doing eJPT
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• SponterSponter Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I passed mine Sunday too. I had network issues too, lol and I also couldn't get an ethernet cord to where I was working on my exam.
  • NEODREAMNEODREAM Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome and congratulations! I've been sitting on my a** as well and really need to get moving on this.

Thanks for posting your feedback and review!
    Goal: eJPT Mar. 2020 | GDAT May 2020 | eCPPT Dec. 2020
  • HafssolHafssol Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I want to start studying for eJPT in March.
    Certs: CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA Routing and Switching, CFR, Sec+, Net+
  • r3nzsecr3nzsec Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LMAO same as mine I've also written a pentest report from question 1 - 20 and put lots of screenshots. Tho it was a nice practice :D Congrats for passing eJPT man! 
  • tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Probably the exam I've learned the most from. Well done!
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Finished mine. Took ~3 hours, and finished right before my network crapped out. Very interesting and fun course. Very fun exam that I really enjoyed doing. Having my notes spread out, taking notes of the environment, and just had a great time with it. Had to switch up some tools on some parts as I was on the right track, just had to go with a different angle. 

Now onto the eCPPT! I'm hoping it's just as fun!