Self study to Pass 901

dangshawtyokdangshawtyok Registered Users Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took my 220-901 exam today and was presented a total of 82 questions. Passed with a 749!!!! No prior IT professional experiences. I used Prof Messer's videos and notes. Also took quizzes on exam compass and watch all the youtube videos I could. Did this in 4 weeks time. Very proud of myself hehe. Going to use the next two weeks to prepare for 220-902 so I can earn the A+ cert and begin my journey into the IT field. Thanks everyone who's helped me so far.

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Awesome job!  You will probably find that there is a lot of overlap with the 901/902 objectives, but I feel that the hardest part about those exams are memorizing the facts that we don't use on a daily basis (RAM and CPU bus speeds, the number of pins on each processor, etc).  Good luck with 902!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • dangshawtyokdangshawtyok Registered Users Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, I've also heard the 902 was the "easier“ part of the cert exam so I'm hoping it's true. 
  • ITPadawan21ITPadawan21 Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What were your study hours like? Currently working at help desk and studying in the evening, wish I could do 901 in 4 weeks!
  • dangshawtyokdangshawtyok Registered Users Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm actually on parental leave, very fortunate that my current workplace offers paid leave for fathers as well. So I would study anytime I get when my baby was sleeping, usually 4-6 hours a day and a couple hours a night. I like my workplace, just not my current job, and I hope to get a into an IT Support role after I get the certification 
  • dammetsdammets Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took my 220-901 exam today and was presented a total of 82 questions. Passed with a 749!!!! No prior IT professional experiences. I used Prof Messer's videos and notes. Also took quizzes on exam compass and watch all the youtube videos I could. Did this in 4 weeks time. Very proud of myself hehe. Going to use the next two weeks to prepare for 220-902 so I can earn the A+ cert and begin my journey into the IT field. Thanks everyone who's helped me so far.
    I'm trying to do the same thing - no IT experience and self-studying using Professor Messer. May I ask how you're studying and what your habits are? I find myself watching the videos and writing down his notes for reinforcement but I'm not sure that's enough.
  • isforcedisforced Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would like to know how you pass the 901!