2»

Comments

• Options
    SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dhara said:
    Hi

Please advise what material do I need to use to get this CCSP in the bag
    Personally I used what I previously stated, 
    - Cybrary videos (not useful if you're a CISSP) 
    - CCSP Official Study Guide
    - CCSP Official Practice Tests
    - The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CCSP CBK, 2nd Edition

In addition to some Youtube here and there, recommend having a look on the CCM and the CSA Notorious 9 and Treacherous 12 reports, this will make it really easy to you to answer relevant questions because you can truly understand what these documents are about. 

Best of luck!  
  • Options
    mulchenmulchen Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi SDee.

Congratulation !!! 
    I am planning to take the exam in coming April..Just passed my CISSP on Dec 12 last year..

However, your 2 cents "if you don't have the experience don't consider sitting for the exam" really make me think twice to take this exam.

Background
    I have no technical background in the cloud, although I know the idea of the cloud.
    I am Network Security Engineer for 8 years, handling Checkpoint/Fortigate firewall, Cisco proxy, VPN IPSEC, etc..

As people keep mentioning about the cloud future, I decided to take CCSP after passing my CISSP.

But without much exposure in cloud background, can one pass the CCSP exam ?

Regards,

• Options
    SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    "But without much exposure in cloud background, can one pass the CCSP exam ?"

Straight to the point, yes. You don't have to have a hands-on experience. You have to understand the concepts, use preparation material to augment this understanding and getting to know new things like the CSA, Its reports, cloud risks, auditing, ... etc.