Taking CASP today

crking3crking3 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
taking casp today I’m about 2 hours ....not fully prepared but want to get a good feel for the exam 

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!  I had 77 questions, of which just a few were performance based.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You must be testing right now.

Thoughts are with you man!

Best of luck!!
  • crking3crking3 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ViolatedViolated Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Honestly folks .....it was pretty unforgiving ....but not as relentless as I thought .....there were a good handful of questions that filled up the whole computer screen and included data, which really made my head spin, but there were a bunch of gimmes as well ....know all of your acronyms, know everything agreement and practice related ...just know your **** ....take your time ....there’s plenty of time to read each question multiple times and weed out unnecessary info.....try to zero I’m on what th requirements are ....use your erase marker and sheet to jot down key words ......disregard irrelevant data etc .....I used the Pearson guide ....got to about chapter 10 out of 15 and got bored .....as I went along I would look things up online in OWASP for example ......also used Michael Shannon’s video course to supplement the book and that was it ...didn’t do any practice questions whatsoever ....practice questions are only good for knowing the facts that you should be sftudying anyway ....don’t try too heavily to memorize things just try to understand the concepts and pick up the knowledge as you go along ....don’t dig too deep into the technologies ....for example with SAML.......you don’t need to know exactly how it works just know when it should be used and why ....that applies for a lot of the concepts ....good luck and feel free to message or comment for any help whatsoever !!! 
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Honestly, based on your review, that's the same advice I have for the CISSP.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yea ppl that get these certs like to hype it up like its so hard and it’s really not .....all these ppl acting like you need all this experience .....not really ....just study your ass off little by little everyday 
    I found the first time I took it that I didn't prepare correctly, which would make it seem hard.  When I studied correctly then retook it I found it to be way easier than I had the first time.  It is, ultimately, all about making sure you study and are prepared.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

• Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job on the pass! 

Already thinking what's next or you intend to take a break before tackling the next one? 
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job on the pass! 

Already thinking what's next or you intend to take a break before tackling the next one? 
    Next I have some upgrade training to accomplish and then gonna get my second bachelors in cyber ....maybe get my CISSP or something more vendor specific in the next 2 years or so 
    @stryder144 how did you prepare if u don’t mind me asking ??
    The second time, I went through the Pluralsight and some FedVTE videos.  I also used the Pearson practice tests.  Lastly, I went through the CCNA: Cyber Ops material between exam attempts, which helped reinforce a lot of basic security knowledge.

• spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The second time, I went through the Pluralsight and some FedVTE videos.  I also used the Pearson practice tests.  Lastly, I went through the CCNA: Cyber Ops material between exam attempts, which helped reinforce a lot of basic security knowledge.

yea I just used the lesson guide ....went through chapter by chapter until about chapter 10 and decided I couldn’t stand reading another page .....as I went through each topic I would watch the Michael shanon vids in skillsoft .....I would also use YouTube and google obviously for topics I needed more info on.....I think studying the risk assessment domain and all the risk theory stuff very closely was huge to set me up and condition my thinking in terms of security mind set ....my biggest advice to someone stidyinwould be to nail down the risk terminology and theory really well, absolutely know the basics of networking, and don’t dig too deep into things technically , just know why they’re used, when and how 

Great job on the pass! 

Next I have some upgrade training to accomplish and then gonna get my second bachelors in cyber ....maybe get my CISSP or something more vendor specific in the next 2 years or so