Options

A little lost....

seeteeseetee Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been in the IT industry for over 20 years too, since 1996. Joined a start up in 1998, rose to Senior Director of IT Ops. We were acquired in 2011, but the mother ship closed my division in 2017. I left with a bitter taste in my mouth and decided to step away from IT for a little while. Probably a big mistake when I stepped out though. Now I want to re-enter, but I lack a degree. All I have is the AWS Solutions Architect Associates cert. I'm working on my CISSP but failed it a couple of times. So I took a step back and decided to shot for the Security+ first (Feb 1st.) and my AWS Dev Associates. Thought I would give you a little back ground first.

Question: Is the AWS SA Pro a lot harder? If so, what's a decent prep course? Btw, I helped design and manage a global real-time cloud service and worked/ran the developers, ops and support teams for many years. Unfortunately, testing is not my forte.

Comments

• Options
    ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Have you considered trying to get one of the big consulting orgs

I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• Options
    MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I don't have a direct answer to your question, but I wanted to say welcome to the forum!

As for an "answer" to your question... I never think of one exam (same vendor/track) as being "harder" than the next but rather that it simply expects you to know more information on top of the information you already know.

That said, I spent about 10 min. on this page figuring out the overall "answer" to your question on a level that satisfied me, so you may wish to do the same:
    https://aws.amazon.com/certification/

If it were me, I would just stick to the Architect path you already started... but again, that's just me.

Good luck!

• Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    With your experience, it would be easy to come back through sales engineering.