Starting new job monday after six months being unemployed

draughtdraught Member Posts: 229 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited January 2019 in IT Jobs / Degrees
I'll be starting Monday as a full time employee (no more contracts!) tier 2 desktop support position. I was told I'm also going to be working with the network as well because I have my CCNA. The potential for job growth is here at my new company and I haven't even started!

It was very hard being out of work six months. I wasn't going to settle for a job I didn't want or another contract position that was too short. I guess I'm posting this to encourage others in similar positions that you will get there! What helped me keep my eye on the prize is that I always tried for a minimum of one physical interview a week and better yet ideally two or even more. That would be my advice to anyone out of work. You put in volume with applications and work on getting more than 1 interview a week. Keeping busy and working toward the goal will keep your spirits up.

Tagged:

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congrats!!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    WOOHOO! cheers!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
  • Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 Registered Users Posts: 191 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That's great news!
    Current: Network+ | Project+ 
    Working on: PMP
  • AODITAODIT Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That's really good news. May the force be with you in this new job for a long time.
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.