Anyone still using the old Safari To Go Apps

SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
Hi,
Does anyone use the old Safari To Go apps on Android ? I have the impression that they changed something on their side, end of line are not wrapped and I have to scroll horizontally.

Comments

• c5rookiec5rookie Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited January 2019
    I'm using a Galaxy S8 and don't have any display issues at the moment.  Each page fits the screen on my phone.  I have not seen any updates pushed for the app in months.  Did you update recently?  If so, do you know when it updated?
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    For the Safari to To apps, I hadnt been updated since 2016.  Are you using this application or the newer Safari Queue or O'reilly apps?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I just installed Safari To Go for Android and, after logging in, I received a "Your account type is not currently supported in this application." error message. Instead, I need to use the O'Reilly app to access my Safari Books account.
    edited January 2019
    JDMurray, your account is the "newer type". I still have the old version because I had a very good price(200$ CAD/year, for life), but now I am tempting to change my account to the newer one. I sent an email yesterday morning and no answer yet. I will call this afternoon. 
  • joshuamurphy75joshuamurphy75 Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Before my time, the new Safari app was already out when I signed up.
    I called O'reilly. It is a known issue and they are working on it. But I asked to upgrade my account to the new Safari. I tried it and it is much better than when I tried it initially. 
  • JoshuaTJoshuaT Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    U can update your Safari wherever U want and don't have a problem with that anymore.
    edited January 2019
    @JoshuaT  I was late to upgrade because I was getting a so better deal. (210$ CAD, about 190$ USD / year).  Now they offered me a deal to upgrade,  I will pay more (but now, I can put it on my expense report at job).