Automatic Sign-On Intermittent?

DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hey Guys, 

I came across a weird behaviour (maybe I'm not the only one?) that sometimes I have to relog back into TechExams periodically. The unusual thing is that my account always has the "always sign in" check mark selected whenever you type your credentials. It happens from time to time, even on the mobile version. On the same topic of automatic login, sometimes it takes a few seconds for the top right hand bar where it displays your login to refresh and display my username.  May be it's just me but something I wanted to see if anyone was else having the issue. 

Cheers, 

Comments

• DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    @Meggo - Not sure if you came across this before or seen this with other folks who had used Vanilla forums, thanks!
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I did see this issue the other day and thought it was my imagination. Glad to see I'm not THAT crazy. 
  • MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    Thanks for raising this. I'll share this with my CSM at Vanilla so they can investigate. 
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do 
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks Meggo!

@cyberguypr - Now that you mentioned it, it was probably the same time I was having it around too, the issue occurred roughly in the evening EST. 
  • MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    Vanilla confirmed the issue (has been reported by others). It's in the queue for a fix. 
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do 
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    edited January 2019
    I noticed about a month ago that the forum now has an idle time-out.

When you start being idle, it registers you as "not present".

Once you start being active again, it takes about 3 seconds to register you again.

How long do you have to be idle? I haven't timed that precisely, but it seems to be somewhere between 15 and 20 min. ... very typical.

Edit:
    Time fixed upon observation