Best way to put independent consulting on resume

NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
Good Afternoon Everybody,

I was laid off earlier this month and I picked up some independent consulting work while I am job hunting. How would you guys handle this in terms of the resume? I am doing the similar consulting that I was doing before I was laid off. I mention it in my cover letter, but I was wondering if I should enter this into my resume and on LinkedIn.

I am planning on continuing this after I land a full time job as well.

TIA!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

Comments

• Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are you using a business name? If so it's much easier to do it. 
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would mention it, but like Daniel stated it'll be an easier sell if you have a name registered with the state you consult in and I would form an LLC unless you are working for a consulting company already who assumes all that.  You mentioned independent so I'm going to assume you are out there selling your services using one of those tech sites.  I personally think this is a better use of time than certing up, not to say you can't do both. 
  • ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just repeating what is said above when i wanted to switch fields I started a LLC and work different Gigs or jobs in the field i wanted to do and boom i ha experience and no gaps in employment. 
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am actually doing 1099 work for a small MSP.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil