Options

New v10 exam content

vincentborrievincentborrie Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good morning, a quick question regarding the CEH exam and the available v10 study material. I am due to sit the exam next week, having only used v9 resources for my studies. I am aware that the updated v10 contents features areas such as AI and IoT which are not present in v9 resources. Without going into the specifics of any questions, can anyone who has recently sat their CEH exam say if they thought there was a lot of questions on the new content, or if the core of the exam is still focused on what is taught in v9 study guides?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    annamaeannamae Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From what my Instructors and students have told me, there are several areas that are new from the version 9 exam. However, EC-Council updated us last August with the following information:

Passing Score

In order to maintain the high integrity of our certifications exams, EC-Council Exams are provided in multiple forms (I.e. different question banks). Each form is carefully analyzed through beta testing with an appropriate sample group under the purview of a committee of subject matter experts that ensure that each of our exams not only has academic rigor but also has “real world” applicability. We also have a process to determine the difficulty rating of each question. The individual rating then contributes to an overall “Cut Score” for each exam form. To ensure each form has equal assessment standards, cut scores are set on a “per exam form” basis. Depending on which exam form is challenged, cut scores can range from 60% to 85%.

• Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've heard ppl failing with 75%...so I would go with 80% is passing on v10 exam
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I took the beta of the v10 and it was pretty much the exact same test. I didn't see anything new on it.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.