Stanly Community College IT Academy update

STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited January 2019 in VMware

We are an authorized VMware IT Academy, and the VMware courses we offer meet the education portion of the VM certification.  However, we can offer the VMware course only to individuals and not as part of corporate training.  Additionally, this course is designed for students who have not yet taken the VCA Foundations exam.  Students who have already passed the exam would still have to retake the exam using the voucher given at the end of the course in order to receive credit for the required training course to obtain the VCP.

Stanly Community College’s VMware Academy is excited about recent changes to the VMware Academy.  VMware recently reintroduced the Optimize and Scale class into the catalog of classes VMware Academies can teach.  Due to this, Stanly Community College strongly recommends all students wishing to get VMware take the following courses and use their associated discount PSE vouchers.

1.  Install, Configure and Manage

a.       Once successfully completed, this class provides students with a PSE voucher for the unproctored Foundations exam.

1. Optimize and Scale

a.       Once successfully completed, this class provides students with a PSE voucher for the proctored VCP exam.

While our students have many different levels of knowledge concerning VMware, SCC feels taking both of the above classes provides the level of knowledge students truly need to be good virtualization engineers.  These courses are offered under the umbrella of Continuing Education, and they are conducted online, including labs, in an asynchronous manner which basically means it is available to students 24/7.  Students can study at their own pace provided you meet the minimum due dates set by the instructor.   The courses are 8 weeks in length, and the current tuition & lab fee costs for each course $185.00 USD.  There is also a textbook in both hard copy and e-book formats available through our book store.  We are currently teaching the 6.5 version of the VMware curriculum.  

We enroll students in the VMware courses in the order in which they registered on our online wait list.  If you have not added your information to this list please do so at http://itacademy.stanly.edu/waitlist.aspx. We apologize for any delay, but as you can imagine these classes are extremely popular.  We make every effort to accommodate all students in a timely manner. 

SCC has many students who live outside the U.S. However, at this time, due to evolving changes in higher education regulations, SCC is unable to serve all of the students that are interested in our courses or programs. SCC will no longer be able to offer distance education online programs or courses for students residing in Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Wyoming, and Puerto Rico. 

Comments

• scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You mean the vSphere Foundations exam? (rather than "VCA Foundations")
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, it is the vSphere Foundations exam.
  • k4pplak4ppla Registered Users Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So, in order to take the VCP certification, i will have to take both course ( ICM and O&S) and passe the foundation and professionel exam with PSE voucher ?

I mean if i take the ICM course and pass the vsphere foundation exam, i dont fullfill the prérequis to pass the VCP certification ?
    k4ppla said:
    So, in order to take the VCP certification, i will have to take both course ( ICM and O&S) and passe the foundation and professionel exam with PSE voucher ?

I mean if i take the ICM course and pass the vsphere foundation exam, i dont fullfill the prérequis to pass the VCP certification ?
    You only have to take one class to satisfy the training requirements.  However, VMware IT academies can now only give qualifying students the unproctored exam voucher at the completion of ICM.  If a student wants the proctored voucher for the VCP exam, then he/she must pass the O&S class as well.
  • k4pplak4ppla Registered Users Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□

Thank you for your quick reply

Last question, can we, after completing the ICM course and Vsphere Foundation exam  with PSE voucher from SCC, purchase a normal VCP voucher? (I mean a non-PXE voucher) to pass the VCP certification?

k4ppla said:

Thank you for your quick reply

Last question, can we, after completing the ICM course and Vsphere Foundation exam  with PSE voucher from SCC, purchase a normal VCP voucher? (I mean a non-PXE voucher) to pass the VCP certification?

The way VMware has presented it to us, it is our understanding you can use the PSE voucher for the Foundations exam and, it will count as class credit and vice versa with the proctored exam. We are not aware if you can purchase a non-PSE voucher elsewhere.  I hope this helps, but if not, please feel free to contact us.

• jonny72jonny72 Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm confused. Does this mean the changes that you (SCC) announced before have now been withdrawn and its basically back to how it was before? So still $185USD for each course? Only difference is Optimise and Scale is now the only course that ticks the VCP class requirement?
    jonny72 said:
    I'm confused. Does this mean the changes that you (SCC) announced before have now been withdrawn and its basically back to how it was before? So still $185USD for each course? Only difference is Optimise and Scale is now the only course that ticks the VCP class requirement?
    No not quite right.  The VMware vSphere ICM course will also satisfy the training requirement portion of becoming fully VCP certified.  However, now VMware Academies such as SCC are only supposed to give unproctored exam vouchers after successful completion of ICM and a proctored voucher after Optimize & Scale.  We can offer both courses again, and the current tuition is still $185.00US. 

I hope this clarifies some of the confusion, and believe me, we have been just as frustrated over the past year with trying to keep up with all the changes.

Let us know if we can help in any way further!
  • jonny72jonny72 Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do you know if your courses will appear on VMware transcripts. I think they used to, then they stopped.

Also, is it ICM v6.5 and OS v6.0 you're running at the moment? Any idea when you might move to v6.7?
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Is there any information available on the length of the waiting list? I understand it is always changing but I was just wondering if there was any sort of estimate on how long the wait is after you join the list. Say 12 month or 2 years?

Thank you for any feedback.
    Jon
    Jon_Cisco said:
    Is there any information available on the length of the waiting list? I understand it is always changing but I was just wondering if there was any sort of estimate on how long the wait is after you join the list. Say 12 month or 2 years?

Jon

The VMware classes run approximately every 8 weeks, and currently that is also about the approximate wait time.
    jonny72 said:
    Do you know if your courses will appear on VMware transcripts. I think they used to, then they stopped.

Also, is it ICM v6.5 and OS v6.0 you're running at the moment? Any idea when you might move to v6.7?

Qualifying students must use the PSE voucher in order to receive credit for the class, but they do not show on your MyLearn account.

• BoogsBoogs Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edited May 2019
    So passing the VMware ICM course + Foundations exam with voucher will satisfy the requirement for taking the VCP-DCV exam. A voucher wouldn't be needed to take the VCP-DCV which can be retrieved through completion of Optimize and Scale course?
  • moradi2564moradi2564 Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edited July 2019
    Hi 
    I have a problem
    I've finished my ICM course in ITAcademy, but after course i didn't received any voucher , how can i get my voucher and register for VCA ?
    and
    another question is I've finished ICM6.5 and now i want to register for O&S 6.7 . is there any problem for sitting at VCP Exam?
    tanks in advance for you answer.
  • moradi2564moradi2564 Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    STANLY_CC said:
    Jon_Cisco said:

Jon

The VMware classes run approximately every 8 weeks, and currently that is also about the approximate wait time.
    STANLY_CC said:
    Jon_Cisco said:

Jon

STANLY_CC said:
    Jon_Cisco said:

Jon

STANLY_CC said:
    Jon_Cisco said:

Jon

Hi 
    I have a problem
    I've finished my ICM course in ITAcademy, but after course i didn't received any voucher , how can i get my voucher and register for VCA ?
    and
    another question is I've finished ICM6.5 and now i want to register for O&S 6.7 . is there any problem for sitting at VCP Exam?
    tanks in advance for you answer.
  • scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I’ve answered your question in the post you created separately.
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com