Taking 70-698 Tomorrow

sensitivestoicsensitivestoic Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm taking the 70-698 tomorrow. Wish me luck! :smiley:  And, feel free to send any last minute study suggestions.
Certs Achieved: CompTIA A+ | Net+ | Sec+ | Project+ | MCSA Windows 10
Currently Studying:
  MCSE Server 2016
Future Goals: CAPM/PMP

Comments

• MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Didn't see this until now for some reason. :/  but ...

Best of Luck!!!
  • eillinois31eillinois31 Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! This is from yesterday so you probably already passed! 
  • sensitivestoicsensitivestoic Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed! Officially a Microsoft Certified Professional now. I'll post a separate thread with study recommendations and what helped. Nice to have my first Microsoft cert under the belt. Was shaking so hard after the exam. It was much more intense than I expected, but somehow I passed with a 788. Thanks to all who gave support and study recommendations in these forums.
    Currently Studying:
      MCSE Server 2016

• MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm taking the 70-698 tomorrow. Wish me luck! :smiley:  And, feel free to send any last minute study suggestions.
    I am going to assume you are aware that the 70-698 expires in 2 months.

Great with the pass

I would post a link.. but I can't post links.......
    I am going to assume you are aware that the 70-698 expires in 2 months.

Great with the pass

I would post a link.. but I can't post links.......
    Yes, I was already aware of the March expiration for both 698 and 697. Thanks for checking in though. However, I've already spent a lot of time studying for the certs. So I'm pushing to achieve MCSA before the March 31st deadline. It will be some time before Microsoft finalizes the next Modern Desktop Management series and I'm not going to sit on my haunches while they do that. Expired certs still demonstrate a level of competence and achievement. Applying to a new job soon, so I'm burnishing my resume with any additional tantalizing bits I can.
    Currently Studying:
      MCSE Server 2016

• shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    kinda odd they would be retiring a Win10 cert already
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!! This is great news!
    edited January 2019
    shochan said:
    kinda odd they would be retiring a Win10 cert already
    Yeah, I find it a bit frustrating and ridiculous. As far as I can tell they're replacing it with MD 100 and 101. If you've completed 70-698 then you just need to complete MD 101 to achieve the new title of "Microsoft 365 Certified Modern Desktop Administrator Associate." Which replaced the title of MCSA. Quite the mouthful if I do say so myself. Either way I doubt any employer is just going to outright invalidate the knowledge certified by achieving both the 70-698 and 70-697.

Looks like Microsoft updated the MCSE certification overview which is helpful.
    Currently Studying:
      MCSE Server 2016

• chuck1000chuck1000 Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed! Officially a Microsoft Certified Professional now. I'll post a separate thread with study recommendations and what helped. Nice to have my first Microsoft cert under the belt. Was shaking so hard after the exam. It was much more intense than I expected, but somehow I passed with a 788. Thanks to all who gave support and study recommendations in these forums.
    Congrats man! Please let me know what helped when you get a chance. I will be taking the exam soon. Also I see we have a similar certification background and I see you are from Illinois as well. I am currently job hunting...which is interesting so far.
  • eillinois31eillinois31 Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I've taken 4 microsoft exams in the last year(MCSA 70-740/741/742 and MCSE 744) and always feels awesome to see that PASS on the screen! 
  • forrest031forrest031 Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello, eillinois31! I am planning to take 70-740 and 70-741 this year. Any tips? Suggestions? Study materials? Thank you in advance!
  • aron90saron90s Member Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! How much time did you study for the certs?
    edited February 2019
    aron90s said:
    Congratulations! How much time did you study for the certs?
    Sorry for the delayed response everyone. I studied for about 6 months. A year approximately for both 70-697 and 70-698. However, I am notably delayed because of an intensive full-time job and a lot of background projects in my personal life. Someone with 2-3 years of IT experience should be able to knock it out in approximately 3 months I'd say.

My main resource was MCSE 70-697 and 70-698 Cert Guide from Pearson IT Certification by: Don Poulton
    Secondary sources include: Measure Up Practice Exams and CBT Nuggets. Together I paid roughly $250-300 for study materials and 70-698 exam. Your fist check should be to see if either your local library or work place is able to offer these resources to your for free or discounted prices.

My best recommendation is to purchase your exam voucher and Measure Up practice exams through Get Certified 4 Less. I was hesitant at first, but through another forum member learned you can save a good amount of money (~$50-100) by getting a Replay voucher that includes your initial exam voucher, a free re-take if you fail, and practice exams (through Measure Up) for a single Microsoft exam.

The Pearson IT book overall was an excellent and in-depth book. It includes digital test taking utilities and memory tables. My best recommendation is to use the free trial for CBT Nuggets- if you haven't already- to study videos and get a good visual overview/summary of exam topics. Second, study exam topics in depth using a strong primary source like the Pearson IT text book. Take practice exams in the book and study articles from Microsoft TechNet to hone in on weak areas. I do not recommend using CBT Nuggets as your sole source. In my opinion it is far too light, not worth the price, and lacks the knowledge base you need to pass these exams. They are more cursory and best for review on  the go. Finally using a source like Measure Up take simulation exams. Although they seem harsh and unfair, the simulation exams are on point and will help train your mind for how to read convoluted questions similar to Microsoft format. It's imperative to note not only why you got a question right, but why each of the alternative options are wrong. Don't take the easy way out, knowing minute attributes such as command syntax is important. Measure Up also links many of the questions to thorough documentation and explanation on Microsoft TechNet which was invaluable to helping me succeed.

All in all best of luck to each of you as you get certified and continue your professional goals! Feel free to ask more questions and I'll respond as able while not breaking NDAs.

Cheers,
    Currently Studying:
      MCSE Server 2016