Options

Quick question about Resume.

viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have a quick question about IT resumes. I have heard that IT resumes should be one page long with a cover letter. I am updating my resume now and no matter what I type or how short I make my resume it goes to two pages. Is that ok??? icon_confused.gif
CCNP Security - DONE!
CCNP R&S - In Progress...
CCIE Security - Future...

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think it is ok to go over a page if it is relevant information. Once you have the experience, certs, degrees, etc, it gets harder and harder to stay at one page.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    I think the whole thing is a matter of personal preference. A person applied at my company and had a 3 page resume. My boss did not care for that at all! I would say just under half of the people who come in have a resume that is 2 pages. It is considered "proper" however to have a one page resume. I cut out personal references when I did mine to keep it at 1 page. Just list them as "avaliable upon request". Then when you get scheduled for an interview, have a good 3 letters of recommendation ready to hand out! Employers love that!
  • Options
    mynameisboringmynameisboring Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ya, my boss has received 3,and 2 page resume's too. The person with a 3 page resume is in the final 3 for the job so it really doesn't matter how long it is.

As long as you can sell yourself with your resume
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ok Thanks for the replies. I am in the middle of updating my resume because I'm going to start looking for a new job soon and it goes to 2 pages long. I feel better now knowing that it really does not matter on how long your resume is. Thanks Guys!!! :D
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...