Options

WGU New - Master of Science Cyber Security and Information Assurance

MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
February 1, they revamped the degree. I started on January 1.

I just looked at the program:
https://www.wgu.edu/online-it-degrees/cybersecurity-information-assurance-masters-program.html#close

The only classes that are the same are the Ethical Hacking (CEH), Forensics and Network Intrusion (CHFI), Secure Network Design (Objective Assessment), Secure Software Design (Objective Assessment), and Capstone

The OA is an online exam. The CEH and CHFI are online exams.  Every other class is totally new. The only courses that stayed the same prior to February 1, 2019 were the online exams and capstone. But, I do know for a fact that they updated the Secure Software Design course. I would only assume they updated the Secure Network Design Course as well.

I will talk about this when I complete my degree on why I think they made the change. 

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Wait what? MSISA is back? YAY!!! Although knowing CEH and CHFI are still there makes me want to cry.
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    CEH and CHFI are good for the DoD 8570 checkboxes, but pretty useless other than that.  I liked the fact that the entire MSISA program was mapped to the CISSP objectives, but sucked that it wasn't included in the tuition.  Now that CEH is like $1000, it would be cheaper for them to include the CISSP anyway.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    datakandatakan Member Posts: 17 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I started Dec 1 and completed just about everything before they switched. My mentor asked me if I wanted to switch to the new program and have things transfer over as credit but at this point I only have the 3 OA's, Disaster recovery and Capstone left. I dont really see the point in switching. It is nice that VLT2 is gone though. That class was absolutely ****. I'm working on it now and am almost done. Had I known I would have tried the replacement class.