Help with studying and continuing to improve

SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
I could use some help on studying and why we try to improve after so many failures over and over? I could use some drive to start studying again but its kind of beaten out of me now
(I cant study anymore and i find it a challenge just to study for a goal)

Comments

• NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What are your currently studying?  What are your goals?
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What are your currently studying?  What are your goals?
    Long story but I was studying for the CCNP Route
    I failed the route exam and all of my other certs expired. (I was trying to pass the route to renew the others certs, didn't work as planned)
    I'm back at square one now and CCNA Routing/Switching is coming back up now
    I do have a job, I do work with routing/switching/security often and I have worked with VPNs, OSPF, BGP (my favorite protcol) and EIGRP/Static routing
    I've done it all but when it comes to the material covered on the exams I feel like some of those topics are something we would never see in the real world so I didn't study as much as I should have and failed the exam.

My current goals now
    CCNA routing - Almost complete - Exam scheduled
    I also have a CISCO ASA and CCNA Security coming up
    Pausing the Cisco CCNP for now and focused on Palo Alto certs (I have access to the equipment so I want to add Palo Alto to my skills)
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We learn more from our failures. The pursuit of getting it right every time is the story of life.

Start off with deciding the track you want to pursue. Consider why you want it, and how much it means to you and what it means if you don't.
    That might help you get the motivation.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think you can just refocus on the exam that most interests you. I have been doing microsoft for a year and I am ready to move to a new vendor for a while. Sometimes you just need a change of topic to get you interested again. It does suck you need to take the CCNA over but most likely that will be a lot of review and not so much new concepts. Hopefully it goes smooth and quick for you.
  • SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jon_Cisco said:
    I think you can just refocus on the exam that most interests you. I have been doing microsoft for a year and I am ready to move to a new vendor for a while. Sometimes you just need a change of topic to get you interested again. It does suck you need to take the CCNA over but most likely that will be a lot of review and not so much new concepts. Hopefully it goes smooth and quick for you.
    Well so far I have been skipping some of the CCNA topics and I am kind of disappointed but I shouldn't be
    Vlans and basic routing? I already understand this stuff so going over it again is just a pain because I watch the videos and I pretty much don't need any examples how vlans or certain routing concepts work. I've been doing this long enough...
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    What are you using to gauge your progress? You need to pinpoint your weak areas and then focus on that. I do not watch the videos because most are filled with useless information or I find them EXTREMELY boring. If you think you have a solid foundation, test that knowledge with Boson so you can find your weak areas. If you can score above 700 on Boson your Cisco score will be well above passing.
    Do not skip because there may be pertinent new information that will be important on the exam.

Read, practice, review... read again

Take the exam.

Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • BordersanBordersan Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Advise courses on creating sites.