Unemployed for one month and five days

NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello Everybody,

On Friday afternoon I interviewed for an Information Security and Compliance Analyst position near Boston. The interview was fantastic and they extended me an offer while in the office. The salary is well within the market rate for the area and the benefits are great and I start working on Wednesday. The only downside is the distance and working in a state I don't live in. 

I am beyond excited that I was unemployed for such a short time. I am still pinching myself to make sure this is real.

For those who are unemployed, there are jobs out there, just keep plugging away, keep studying, and don't give up! My wife was a hugely supportive, which made things a lot easier.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This is great.

Congratulations!!
  • yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 196 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Great to hear that you got back on your feet. Definitely everyone needs a good support system in situation like these. What is the commute time like or do you have to move to a different state? 
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    DZA_ said:
    Great to hear that you got back on your feet. Definitely everyone needs a good support system in situation like these. What is the commute time like or do you have to move to a different state? 
    It is about forty five minutes without traffic. I worked near there for over five years and from experience I know the commute can take well over an hour. 

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good stuff -  now you can sleep well! Good luck on your new journey.  B)
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congrats mate! awesome new!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congrats!! It helps to have a supportive spouse...
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! Always good to hear about successes. Don't stress over the commute. It beats sitting home waiting for offers.
  • securitychopssecuritychops Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the new gig!   :) 
    Current Certs   : OSCE, OSCP, CISSP, Pentest+, Security+, SLAE, SLAE64
    Goals for 2019 : OSEE
    Goals for 2020 : OSWE
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats on the job.  Glad to see you bounced back quickly.  
  • Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 Registered Users Posts: 191 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That's great news! Congrats!
    Current: Network+ | Project+ 
    Working on: PMP
  • coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    1h commute is still long, but it can be considered normal in some metro area.  If you can do all or part in public transit, you could invest this time in reading/studying. 

But, congrats !

• NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1h commute is still long, but it can be considered normal in some metro area.  If you can do all or part in public transit, you could invest this time in reading/studying. 

But, congrats !

No public transportation available, unfortunately. Security podcasts will be companion.