SANS Cybertalent Assessment

spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
Anyone taken one of these?

As part of Cybersecurity Month, I was able to finagle a free assessment from SANS. I just wanted to see the output of the results.

Comments

• TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I took one before I took SANS 401, according to the results my knowledge level exceeded what SANS 301 taught, and was qualified to take SANS 401.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    So, it just tells you how qualified you are to take a SANS course?
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So, it just tells you how qualified you are to take a SANS course?

It more to test you level of knowledge, to give you a recommended start course. If I didn't score well enough, I sure they would have recommended SANS 301 instead. I don't know if they would still would have recommended SANS 401 if I Aced the test or not.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • afobafob Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took it before I was accepted into the Cyber Academy cohort. The exam doesn't let you know what questions you got right or wrong. Once I did my academy interview, my interviewer said I did extremely well. I am a beginner in InfoSec so I am shocked that I did. I was accepted into the Cyber Academy after doing the interview. I remember it was 50 questions though. Any specific question?
    No question. The exam said I was qualified to take intermediate classes/exam.

I thought it it was a sort of cyber assessment to tell you how cyber you were.
  • TangoZuluTangoZulu Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    afob said:
    I took it before I was accepted into the Cyber Academy cohort. The exam doesn't let you know what questions you got right or wrong. Once I did my academy interview, my interviewer said I did extremely well. I am a beginner in InfoSec so I am shocked that I did. I was accepted into the Cyber Academy after doing the interview. I remember it was 50 questions though. Any specific question?
    I have only just applied. I’m also a beginner in infosec but am nervous about this assessment. I very much want to get into this program and wondered if there were a way to “study@ for this assessment? 
    Just take it. It will literally show you where you are knowledge wise and recommend the course best suited for you to start with. 

If if you want a cheaper option, you could always go the elearnsecurity route or self study some CompTIA (like networking+, A+, sec+, Linux+).
  • gabeaaagabeaaa Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I failed it the first time I took it being brand new to security. I think I got like a 23%. lol
    Current Certifications and Degrees: CCENT, CCNA R&S, CCNA Cyber Ops, GSLC, C|EH v9, GICSP, GNFA, GCIH, GRID BSc Electrical Engineering, MSc Cybersecurity Technology

My Aims:

2023: GCFA (7/2023)
    2024: Whatever else they pay for
  • NewbyNewby Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just failed the assessment,  could use some and guidance. No experience in security brand new