Training online ~ annoyance

shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
So, I tend to bounce around to different training sites to learn stuff.  However, what is getting annoying TO ME, that is...is the timeout feature they put on the website, for instance AWS, FedVTE are a couple examples, if you are idle for just a few mins, it logs you out.  I mean, I get it, it's security, but damn...having to login several times a day is a buzzkill...I have tried their support, but never hear back nor do they change any timeout settings.  YouTube & Udemy seems really the only ones that actually stay logged in so I can pause & come back to it w/o having to login again...Just thought I would vent some of my frustrations, CHEERS & Hi5!
CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP

Comments

• Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I share your frustrations. It would be helpful to have a user defined timeout setting.
    Many users save credentials in their browsers anyway.
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've used FedVTE quite a few times, and I haven't had it time out on me.  Maybe something they implemented recently?  I really haven't gone through any of their training in a couple months.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College