Options

AWS Security Speciality

ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey Im about 30 days out from taking my security speciality exam Im currently using a udemy class by Zeal Vora and his book. I went through the ACG materials but I'm not too convinced especially since there are a-lot of other students who failed with ACG solely. If you have any recommendations share the wealth.
I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

Comments

• Options
    cochi78cochi78 Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey Clm :)

LinuxAcademy just launched their own preparation course with like 13 hours of material (including self-driven labs). In addition, you can get the WhizLabs tests to guide you to your weak spots during preparation.

Be especially knowledgeable about the different KMS key options and their limitations, comfortable about IAM/Bucket policies and know the basic procedures for incident responses (e.g. during a dDoS attack, when a machine is likely compromised etc).

30 days should be plenty to be ready for it. Crossing fingers!
  • Options
    So Feedback I passed my exam yesterday for The AWS security speciality.

• Options
    COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!! waiting to hear in details about the exam.
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Clm said:

Congrats! Did it require doing alot of hands on labs?

• Options
    eddo1 said:
    Clm said:

Congrats! Did it require doing alot of hands on labs?

Im Cloud Security Engineer so the labs is my daily work so i skipped it.

• Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Options
    rasli79rasli79 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just want to ask, i complete practitioner and currently study on AWS Solution Architect Associates exam but wondering, is that okay if i skip AWS SAA exam and just do AWS Security Speciality exam straightaway? 
  • Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They used to require an associate level exam as a prerequisite but they removed that requirement late last year.

https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2018/10/announcing-more-flexibility-for-aws-certification-exams/

CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    edited February 2019
    Yes, you can take any AWS specialty exam without having a prior AWS cert.
  • Options
    rasli79rasli79 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you for reply guys, but i also wanted to know if how much should i spend to study AWS solution architect prior to start AWS Security? Does it really need to understand whole Solution Architect concept or i can just skip? 
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    edited February 2019
    You need to understand only the AWS architectural pieces that are covered in the AWS Security certification objectives.