Passed!

bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited February 2019 in CISSP
Whew, the CISSP exam was a tough one. I answered up to 100 questions with I think an hour to spare. The last few questions were very easy. All I used to study were the Sybex 8th edition book, Harris’ 5th edition book of practice exams, and Boson practice exams. :)
2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science

Comments

• DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! What resource out of the ones that you used you found the most helpful?
  • bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited February 2019
    To be honest, the closest would have to be the Bosom practice exams not because of the material but rather because they made me think critically.
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
    edited February 2019
    In the Boson exam simulator, I set it to Custom Mode and then went through all 751 questions in the database.
  • ansionnachclisteansionnachcliste Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations :D.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dude, you are a brainiac!  Congrats!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @bjpeter Congratulations on passing. Do you think your experience helped more to pass or the books you've read? Just asking to help out future CISSP candidates.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
    edited February 2019
    lucky0977 said:
    @bjpeter Congratulations on passing. Do you think your experience helped more to pass or the books you've read? Just asking to help out future CISSP candidates.
    Experience helped the most for me. For most of the questions, I knew that two of the answers made little sense, one made more sense, and the other the most sense, even though I did not study the material in the question.

Taking other cert exams like Security+ and CASP helped too.

Also, I started studying since October. I only read the Sybex 8th edition book (finished in late December) and then worked on practice questions during my free time in January.

I took time off every Friday in January to study. I kept telling myself in my head during the exam, “I am not going to retake this exam!” :)
  • nelsonnguyennelsonnguyen Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats....Thanks for the down to earth tips.
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    bjpeter said:
    To be honest, the closest would have to be the Bosom practice exams not because of the material but rather because they made me think critically.
    Do you mind sharing what your average Boson scores were? 
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

mikey88 said:
    bjpeter said:
    Do you mind sharing what your average Boson scores were? 
    In the mid-70s.

I think the week before the actual exam, I decided to answer all the questions in the database (751) in one go, and my score was in the mid-70s too when I finished.
  • mr.indiamr.india Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nicely done @bjpeter. Handy tips as well.