Pearson Practice Exams

bowmattybowmatty Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys, 

I have been studying for the Network+ and completed practice exams from Mike Meyers and Jason Dion which seemed pretty full on (i scored around 70-85% in these tests)

Last two exams i completed were the Pearson ones, i found these relatively a lot easier than Jason Dion's.  

Just checking for people that have passed the Network+  as to which exam was more like the real deal? 

Thanks guys

Comments

• mccrormccror Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What exams where these and do you have a link or a point of direction I can get the Pearson ones. Checked Pearson's website and couldn't see online exams. 

I am using CompTIA exam questions online. Would anyone recommend this? 
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Pearson exams are quite poor.

The interface looks like it's from 1998 and is also not very cooperative for certain configurations using the question database. I don't find the questions particularly challenging either.

Boson is a lot higher quality and easier to work with. Also, the questions are very well-prepared.

First of all..  really appreciate the response. It says 90% pass rate on the Sim is good enough.  You think that be ok?
  • bowmattybowmatty Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am scoring 80% on Pearson exams. Mike Meyers and Jason Dion im only getting 70-75% :/ sooo much to take in and the exam answers are sometimes similar which throw me off. 

When you thinking of booking the exam? and how you doing with study's?
    Currently doing questions with CompTIA through each module. Am going fast enough through them. Which makes me beg the question, is this real prep for this exam. Once I finish it, I'll look to do another pre exam and get my overall result before taking exam. Have the voucher just waiting to book it when am confident 
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    mccror said:
    First of all..  really appreciate the response. It says 90% pass rate on the Sim is good enough.  You think that be ok?

That percentage seems to be from one reviewer. It's individual preference. I personally use 85% as my "marker" to know when I'm ready to test. If someone needs 90% or even 95%, all the better.

You only really get about two assessments from any bank. After that you tend to memorize the answers, so it's no longer good as an assessment of how you will do on the exam; however, it's still a great tool (because of the explanations, various scenarios, processes, etc.) to use for study.