Which cert should I do first?

drilonbeqajdrilonbeqaj Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Learning for A+ and now I realize the exams are very expensive in my country,I thought to learn A+(to have the knowledge) and dont take the exams and go for Network+ instead What are your thoughts? Thank you

Comments

• MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This is what I was thinking when I read your other (almost identical :D) question.

You could study A+ but not take the exam ... if you really want to. Would I say it's absolutely necessary? No, not if your wish is to go into Networking. Would I say it's better if you did have the A+ knowledge? Yes, I would.

You may also want to consider studying the Security+ info., but your main focus should be heading towards a proprietary certification in Networking such as Cisco's CCNA.

Also, check out Network Engineer job ads where you intend to work and see what else they are looking for. This can be very helpful when trying to make the "other" selections after the CCNA.
  • drilonbeqajdrilonbeqaj Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah man,thank you so much!!
    I am going for network+ becuase I watched a lot Cisco live and in an interview of Kevin Wallace he said you should do Network+ before CCNA becuase it fills the gaps
    I'm also doing Security+ after Net+ and then CCNA!!
    Best regards

• Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @drilonbeqaj I chose to study for A+ and Network+ but went for the Network+ exam.
    Not looked back.
    CompTIA have great foundational knowledge certs.
    @Swift6 Yeah man,do you work anything in It now?
    @drilonbeqaj still find it helpful to this day. In every job I've had since taking the exam.
    Not everything covered in the curriculum is applied on a regular basis.
    @Swift6 did you go for CCNA after Net+?
    @drilonbeqaj studied for CCNA but did not take the exam. Decided to go down Linux path instead.
    @Swift6 Does not having A+ hurt you anything? Like can you get a helpdesk job without it?
    Sorry man to ask you this many questions!
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think if you have the network+ and can answer interview questions about A+ you will be fine. It's all about getting your first job at that level. If money was not an issue I would suggest getting both.