AWS SA Associate + AWS Security specialty exam roadmap and game plan. Need advise

rs23rs23 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just got my Security+ with 1 month of preparation and i have 2-3 months before i apply for a role that i want to move into which needs me to have AWS SA Associate and AWS Security specialty cert. This would make my transition easier. I have zero exposure to AWS but very determined to get this done. 
1) What are the must have resources to clear these certs? (Courses, Practice tests etc)
2) How do i set myself up for success in terms of preparation? Set aside 3 hours a day minimum? open to suggestions. I am more of a visual learner. 
3) Anything important that i might have missed feel free to add o

Appreciate your time!  
Tagged:

Comments

• DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi OP - I don't have much expertise/knowledge in the AWS certification space however I can recommend to use LinuxAcademy as a method of CBT learning. They have a lot of labs and videos that you can go through as they have great content. Their curriculum is aligned to what Amazon puts out for their certifications. As a disclaimer, I'm not a LinuxAcademy employee although I have found it useful over the last couple months doing ad-hoc training modules and watching their videos on security. Good luck!

Cheers
  • rs23rs23 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DZA_ said:
    Hi OP - I don't have much expertise/knowledge in the AWS certification space however I can recommend to use LinuxAcademy as a method of CBT learning. They have a lot of labs and videos that you can go through as they have great content. Their curriculum is aligned to what Amazon puts out for their certifications. As a disclaimer, I'm not a LinuxAcademy employee although I have found it useful over the last couple months doing ad-hoc training modules and watching their videos on security. Good luck!

Cheers
    Thank you. I will def look into it! I heard A cloud guru is good too but not sure where they differ
  • DntH8MeDntH8Me Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Co-Sign Linux Academy
    2019 Certification Goals: ​CEH | PenText + | CISM? | stop procrastinating
    rs23 said:
    DZA_ said:

Cheers
    Thank you. I will def look into it! I heard A cloud guru is good too but not sure where they differ
    CloudGuru is another reputable CBT provider as well. I am not sure about their lab experiences but I can vouch for LinuxAcademy. I am sure CloudGuru has great labs too. Not only you get great content with Linux Academy but their content library is extensive so you'll never get bored of going back and learning something else. 

• rs23rs23 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DZA_ said:
    rs23 said:
    DZA_ said:

Cheers
    CloudGuru is another reputable CBT provider as well. I am not sure about their lab experiences but I can vouch for LinuxAcademy. I am sure CloudGuru has great labs too. Not only you get great content with Linux Academy but their content library is extensive so you'll never get bored of going back and learning something else. 

Does Linux academy ever do discounts or sale? $37 a month for a yearly plan. Just wondering 
    They do, I am not sure how often however I managed to get their subscriptions at 300 USD during boxing day if I recall correctly. 
  • TechmaniaTechmania Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am preparing for AWS Architect associate exam. I just bought a training course from udemy for 10$, the video is really useful.  I am not planning to buy any other expensive courses till I get accustomed to AWS environment. you can have a look at that if interested. The course is created by the cloud guru Ryan Kroonenburg.
    aws-certified-solutions-architect-associate