Options

Taking CASP003 in the morning

DiffieHellman173DiffieHellman173 Registered Users Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
Good evening, 

Tomorrow morning at 0900 I will be sitting the exam. I have been studying off and on since November with the month of February studying everyday. I will let you all know how it goes tomorrow. 

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • Options
    Good afternoon, 
    I passed the exam today. Like others have mentioned, the test is unforgiving. I suggest anyone that is pursuing this exam to ensure they have a complete understanding of all of the objectives listed. My background, is 3 years in Enterprise IT System Administration, working mostly in a data center. Previous certifications include Network+ and Security+.

Study Materials:
    I used Robin Abernathy's 2nd edition CASP-003 Cert Guide book and skill port for studying materials. I also researched quite a few concepts on utilizing Google and OWASP. I suggest researching and understand how to read HTML, JAVA, and Script outputs. One other key note, my buddy decided to not study and pay for test **** and in the end he has failed twice in the last month. I highly suggest staying clear of any **** out there. 

Test Tips: 
    I always mark the simulations first and return to them after I have answered the questions. This helps me move along and give me confidence as I feel the first 10 questions they ask are almost give away.  Another technique I use, is to read what the last question is first before sinking into the long paragraphs. This allows me to have an unbiased approach when viewing my answers selections. 
    Last, I always ensure during my preparation for an exam that I can identify exactly why each answer is wrong. What I mean by this, is that look for all of the wrong answers and in my head explain to my self why they are wrong for the question being asked. This usually leads me to the right answer. 

Everyone has their own test techniques and I'm happy to always share mine. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Passed this morning. The test is very unforgiving but not impossible. 
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job!  Congratulations!

The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me