Failed the CISSP twice, should i take a crack at the CISM and then come back to CISSP ?

chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just wondered if anyone tried this?  might help me with the risk and security domain (under twice)

Comments

• bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I haven’t tried it myself. What resources did you use to study? I recommend the Boson practice exams.
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • TeeDarling77TeeDarling77 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Chickenlicken09, I feel your pain! I have been in your situation before and I decided that after 3rd attempt of the CISSP exam, if I do not pass, I am not gonna take it again. I took it and passed!

My first attempt for the Computer based was when it was 250 questions. I failed and did not lose hope. My 2nd attempt was when CAT exam was first introduced with up to 150 questions. I panicked after it went passed the 100th question. I did not know that I was doing well. I was hoping to get it done when I finished answering the 100 question.
    What you're asking about is not something I did but I did decide to stay the course and study on my weak domains. Do that and I bet you, you will pass on your 3rd attempt.

Make note of the tips I gave getting to the end of my post. I believe my tips will help you in the Risk and the Security Domains sections.

TeeDarling77

• MickyDeeMickyDee Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've failed the CISSP twice now and have switched to the CISM now.  I'm burnt out on studying and have other things that I would much rather be doing, non-cert wise.  I'm taking the CISM while I still have the CISSP knowledge so that I have something to show for the effort I've already put in.  The OSCP, after the CISM and once I take a break, is what I'd much rather be studying for. 
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MickyDee said:
    I've failed the CISSP twice now and have switched to the CISM now.  I'm burnt out on studying and have other things that I would much rather be doing, non-cert wise.  I'm taking the CISM while I still have the CISSP knowledge so that I have something to show for the effort I've already put in.  The OSCP, after the CISM and once I take a break, is what I'd much rather be studying for.  

Yeah if i had the money for the cism now i would do it, what resourses are you using for the cism?

• MickyDeeMickyDee Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm using the QAE and the AIO by Peter Gregory. I'm mainly just hitting the QAE database and getting most of the answers right. I have an MBA, so the CISM exam comes more "natural" to me than the CISSP.
    Chickenlicken09, I feel your pain! I have been in your situation before and I decided that after 3rd attempt of the CISSP exam, if I do not pass, I am not gonna take it again. I took it and passed!

My first attempt for the Computer based was when it was 250 questions. I failed and did not lose hope. My 2nd attempt was when CAT exam was first introduced with up to 150 questions. I panicked after it went passed the 100th question. I did not know that I was doing well. I was hoping to get it done when I finished answering the 100 question.
    What you're asking about is not something I did but I did decide to stay the course and study on my weak domains. Do that and I bet you, you will pass on your 3rd attempt.

Make note of the tips I gave getting to the end of my post. I believe my tips will help you in the Risk and the Security Domains sections.

TeeDarling77

TeeDarling77