Any newer ISSEP material other than the 2005 CBK?

jumblerrjumblerr Member Posts: 101 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hard for me to believe that's the most current ISC2 official artifact, but throwing it out there....Any body?

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I am studying for this right now, and although they have updated the objectives, they haven't updated the CBK.  I came across that on the ISC2 forum.  There is plenty of negative feedback on this, as it appears they are focusing on other content right now.

I did buy the 2005 CBK, and found as much of the referenced documentation as I could (NIST Pubs, DoD Directives, etc).  Additionally, I told my management about my interest in RMF training.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    By the way, I did just notice that FedVTE just posted a "new" ISSEP training course, if you have access.  Unfortunately it doesn't have a date code, so I don't know if it's current.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just saw they posted a FedVTE course for it. Gonna go for this after ISSAP
  • jumblerrjumblerr Member Posts: 101 ■■■□□□□□□□
    By the way, I did just notice that FedVTE just posted a "new" ISSEP training course, if you have access.  Unfortunately it doesn't have a date code, so I don't know if it's current.
    Thanks @PCTechLinc. Couple challenges there:
    1. Don't know if this will have any test-relevant content
    2. I'm not a Federal employee :smile:

But thanks for weighing in!
  • xdbuixxdbuix Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edited February 2019

Hey guys,

The below information is what ISC2 sent to me in their forums. However, I do want to state that this exam was mix of high level policies and down in the weeds technical. 

Domain 1- Sec Engineering Principles (2nd)
    NIST SP 800-30 Rev 1
    NIST SP 800-100

Domain 2 Risk Management (5th)

NIST SP 800-30 Rev 1

PMBOK Guide v3
    NIST 800-37 rev 1

NIST SP 800-160

NIST SP 800-64

Domain 3 Sec Planning design and implementation (3rd)

NIST SP 800-160

NIST SP 800-37 Rev 1

FIPS 140-2

NIST SP 800-115

NIAP/CCE Pub v4  

Domain 4 Secure operations, maintenance, and disposal (4th)

NIST SP 800-88 Rev 1

NIST SP 800-160
    NIST SP 800-53 Rev 4

NIST SP 800-100

NIST SP 800-37 Rev 1

Domain 5 – systems engineering technical management (1st)
    Systems Engineering Fundamentals by United States Government US Army  Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (April 15, 2013)   ISBN-13: 978-1484120835

PMBOK Guide Edition 3

PMBOK Guide Edition 4

PMBOK Guide Edition 5

ISO/IEC 21827:2008 

Information technology -- Security techniques -- Systems Security Engineering -- Capability Maturity Model® (SSE-CMM®)