EC Council Renew-Recertify: Anyone got free voucher ?

AakashNTAakashNT Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Guys,

My CEH is going to expire next month, not quite sure I would like to keep it alive unless they really give a free voucher as they promised here:

"We understand that the certification maintenance fee may be burdensome to some of our members. To offset the cost of certification maintenance, we have devised a plan to provide direct value to you, our certification holder. For the year 2016, we are proud to announce that Any member certified or recertified from January 1st 2016 onwards and continues chooses to keep their certification active will be eligible to receive one free ONE FREE certification exam voucher upon completion of their latest ECE cycle, with values ranging from USD $125 to USD $650. If the member redeems this voucher, and takes the exam and pass, they will not need to worry about accumulating your required 120 CPE points for the next 3 years!"

So, anyone or around you got any free voucher? or there's another catch behind this?

Comments

• mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The deal would have to be a lot sweeter than that for me to bother renewing CEH and CHFI.
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU
  • fitzlopezfitzlopez Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My 3 year cycle ended in November 25 of 2016, I've been paying my fees but I have not received any voucher. When asked I received a response that I'd get my voucher at the end of my renewal cycle. But didn't answer the with specific dates as I asked. So I'll check on November 25, 2019 if I get my voucher then. Most of my friends have stopped renewing :(
  • DJVeritasDJVeritas Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited February 2019
    You are supposed to get the voucher after the first renewal period. One full CEU cycle is what I was told. I should be receiving mine at the end of this month.
  • AakashNTAakashNT Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I asked them after my renewal.. they are offering stupid certification vouchers like EDRP/Encryption which are useless. I will ask them what is the point mentioning $150-600 range if you are offering cheap/useless ones, you should get anything in that range.
  • AakashNTAakashNT Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Update: after few mail exchange, they provided CHFI Vouhcer with 3 months validity (I asked for it being costliest after CEH). I didn't try redeeming it, but should work. you won't get voucher automatically unless you ask!
  • brodg68brodg68 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just asked the folks how to get my voucher.  I still have the email from 2016 where they told me 2019 (after having received my CEH in 2013)

I'll be curious if they make me pay the $100 to that the CHFI without training and how long the verification of my work experience will take.  It looks like most of you - I remember their promise from years ago.

If anyone from EC - Council is reading this: I am a man of my word and am sharing my experience.