Black Hat Trainings (Vegas) questions

LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
I might have a chance to attend Black Hat USA in Las Vegas this year for the first time, and just had a few questions that I'm also researching on my own.

1. Do most people who attend gravitate to the 4-day trainings as opposed to the 2-day ones?
2. Any quick recommendations or suggestions? I know that's a huge topic, especially when you know nothing about me. I do both offense and defense in my day jobs, and I could probably pick up most any course that doesn't dive hard into C programming or assembly or Windows API types of stuff. (For reference, I took SEC542 a few weeks ago and FOR408 from SANS last year.)  It is outside my normal wheelhouse, but doing social engineering or gettings some hands-on with physical entry could be fun. Physical entry seems to be one that I have a hard time learning just on my own.

I'll also be looking at the instructors and if these courses/material are also offered elsewhere for far cheaper than the BHUSA price tag.

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?

Comments