CASP vs CISSP

jjwolfejjwolfe Member Posts: 19 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I know the surface answer to this... CISSP is more of the standard.  I also know that the CISSP is more management and less technical compared to the CASP.  My question is this... is the CASP worthwhile is a resume booster?  Is it headed that direction?  I'm trying to decide between the two.

Comments

• mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    CASP is more of a ego booster than any resume booster. In other words, there is no comparison to the GoT aka CISSP.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If you meet all of the requirements to get the fill CISSP then that is your best choice. There are other certs such as CISM and GSLC that are on the same level as CISSP. CASP is not an easy test so it is much more than a ego booster. CASP is the cert for you if you are trying to meet DoD 8570 IAT III/IAM II requirements and do not meet the qualifications for CISSP.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why not both? :)
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • jjwolfejjwolfe Member Posts: 19 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Follow up question... let's say I'm short on experience and I don't have a CISSP to sponsor me... best alternative?  What about CEH?
    edited February 2019
    jjwolfe said:
    Follow up question... let's say I'm short on experience and I don't have a CISSP to sponsor me... best alternative?  What about CEH?
    You can pass the CISSP and be an Associate of (ISC)2. Then when you accumulate 4 or 5 years of experience, you can be fully CISSP certified.
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If you are not getting reimbursed I will advise you to make sure that you are properly prepared to take CEH. The cost of CEH is totally ridiculous!

Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
    kaiju said:
    If you are not getting reimbursed I will advise you to make sure that you are properly prepared to take CEH. The cost of CEH is totally ridiculous!

I just looked at the price for CEH. $1,200? I thought it cost less before.
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    bjpeter said:
    kaiju said:

I might as well put money from the CEH to fully cover the OSCP!
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    DZA_ said:
    bjpeter said:
    kaiju said:

I might as well put money from the CEH to fully cover the OSCP!
    +1. 

Aside from getting your money's worth, OSCP is more respected outside of DoD.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]