Passed my A+ Today....My thoughts

zjis1980zjis1980 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello All,
Today I passed my 901 & 902 exam. I studied for approximately 6 weeks total and passed both on the first try. I wasn't really going for a high score I just wanted to pass. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Both 901 and 902 were pretty much the same in difficulty for me. The material I used to pass is as follows:

Professor Messer videos/notes
Mike Myers Udemy videos/test
Exam Cram study and test books (didn't really use this often)
crucial exam
exam compass
passcomptia.com (simulation and tons of questions)
comptia's certmaster (Great Investment!!!!)

My job is pretty relaxed so I can study as much as I want. I really think that helped. Overall it was a challenge because I didn't know what to expect but I am glad I accomplished what I set out to do. Network is the next one to tackle. Last but not least I want to say to anyone that is taking these exams......Your return will determine the investment you put into yourself no matter if its time, money or both. If I can do it.....so can you!!!

Blessings,
Zachariah

Comments

• Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job! Congrats. What's next?
  • zjis1980zjis1980 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Net+ is my next endeavor. I’m hoping to take the test by March 2019.
  • D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • zjis1980zjis1980 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well done! It's a good foundation. Congrats!
  • cabowabocabowabo Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    B.S. Network Admin | CCNP-Wireless
    CERTIFICATION GOALS 2018:
    CCNP-W [X] ACSA [X] JNCIA [X]
    CERTIFICATION GOALS 2019: CCIE-W [ ? ] CWAP [ ? ]
  • coextendingcoextending Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congrats
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Brave_heartBrave_heart Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations  :) 
  • jsquadjsquad Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good foundation to start with.
  • DavidNicholsDavidNichols Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Wow. My school gives us vouchers for 1 at a time. Both in one day? Good effort I'd think.
    My school uses Kaplan, but without the simulations on this website and Professer Messer for repetition on my commute, I think it would have been harder.
  • bottymanriquebottymanrique Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    zjis1980 said:
    Hello All,
    Today I passed my 901 & 902 exam. I studied for approximately 6 weeks total and passed both on the first try. I wasn't really going for a high score I just wanted to pass. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Both 901 and 902 were pretty much the same in difficulty for me. The material I used to pass is as follows:

Professor Messer videos/notes
    Mike Myers Udemy videos/test
    Exam Cram study and test books (didn't really use this often)
    crucial exam
    exam compass
    passcomptia.com (simulation and tons of questions)
    comptia's certmaster (Great Investment!!!!)

My job is pretty relaxed so I can study as much as I want. I really think that helped. Overall it was a challenge because I didn't know what to expect but I am glad I accomplished what I set out to do. Network is the next one to tackle. Last but not least I want to say to anyone that is taking these exams......Your return will determine the investment you put into yourself no matter if its time, money or both. If I can do it.....so can you!!!

Blessings,
    Zachariah
    I know I'm late in saying this, congratulations Zach! Good for you man!

Zach, prior to this, were you in the IT world? Only asking because I want to see if I'm able to pull this off just like you did in 6 weeks!!?? I'm not currently in the IT field but I'm planning to.

The 901-902 is ending in July and I'm not quite sure if I should just wait for all the new books, videos and test exams for the 1001-1002.

Hopefully you can share this information with me.

I'm very fortunate to have found this site. Everyones suggestions, tips and guidance are invaluable.

Thanks very much!