• CCSP       1/4/19             PASSED
  • CSSLP      2/5/19            PASSED
  • CISSP-ISSAP 2/19/19    PASSED
  • SSCP        2/25/19          PASSED
  • CAP           2/26/19         PASSED
  • HCISPP     2/27/19         PASSED
  • CISSP-ISSMP  2/28/19  PASSED
  • CISSP-ISSEP  2/28/19   FAILED
I really thought I had it!! HAHAHA, Oh well...rescheduling!! We'll get it next time!

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Well I guess you ARE human after all!  In all seriousness, best of luck on your next attempt!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • jumblerrjumblerr Member Posts: 101 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well I guess you ARE human after all!  In all seriousness, best of luck on your next attempt!
    @PCTechLinc I know right!!! :smile: TO be honest I was fairly confident I had it after finishing!! Big shock!

It would help if ISC2 offered a guide to the CBK.My whole approach to this exam was predicated on the 2005 CBK and it didn't line up with these objectives...

• lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good lord. I still have to congratulate you for what you've already earned.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
    edited February 2019
    lucky0977 said:
    Thanks @lucky0997!!! We'll get it!! Was completely off base on the new domain structure! 
  • iseeyouiseeyou Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jumblerr said:
    SO CLOSE!!   :D:D:disappointed:

• CISSP      4/27/17           PASSED
    I really thought I had it!! HAHAHA, Oh well...rescheduling!! We'll get it next time!
    WOW...congrats for all the exams you passed, this is really impressive. very happy for you.
    please which study material did you use for HCISPP exam
    iseeyou said:
    jumblerr said:

WOW...congrats for all the exams you passed, this is really impressive. very happy for you.
    please which study material did you use for HCISPP exam
    @iseeyou THanks!!! I used the HCISPP CBK primarily. The other thing is that I worked in healthcare (on the payer side) for almost 10 years...so I had real world experience :) Good luck!!!
  • securitychopssecuritychops Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Like the rest have said ... congrats on all the things you have passed so far, super impressive!  You got it next time no doubt, looking forward to seeing the post saying you passed!  :)
    Current Certs   : OSCE, OSCP, CISSP, Pentest+, Security+, SLAE, SLAE64
    Goals for 2019 : OSEE
    Goals for 2020 : OSWE
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    jumblerr said:
    lucky0977 said:
    Thanks @lucky0997!!! We'll get it!! Was completely off base on the new domain structure! 

No wonder you've been able to get so many exams done in such a short period of time.

You're multiple people over there!  :D
    @jumblerr I was actually working on the ISSEP exam, but decided to take a break to focus on something else.  Since you said the 2005 CBK does not align with the objectives, can you recommend resources that are more in-line?  I would like to go for this cert sometime next year, as my role will start becoming more involved with RMF.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
  • jasper_zanjanijasper_zanjani Member Posts: 76 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Five certifications in four days...
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    6 certs in 1 month... impressive ;)  just to find  the time to go to the exam center 6 time in one month would be a challenge lol
    jumblerr said:
    lucky0977 said:

No wonder you've been able to get so many exams done in such a short period of time.

You're multiple people over there!  :D
    My clones helped out HAHAHAHA
    6 certs in 1 month... impressive ;)  just to find  the time to go to the exam center 6 time in one month would be a challenge lol
    @SteveLavoie benefit of being in NYC! We have about 7 test centers locally! (although they are all filled until April due to GMAT testing)
    @jumblerr I was actually working on the ISSEP exam, but decided to take a break to focus on something else.  Since you said the 2005 CBK does not align with the objectives, can you recommend resources that are more in-line?  I would like to go for this cert sometime next year, as my role will start becoming more involved with RMF

@PCTechLinc here's a few from the recommended resources. I pasted below..I have more coming in the next post...Let's just say I started reviewing these and they are ON POINT

ISSEP RESOURCES

• A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide) / Edition 3 
      by Project Management Institute ISBN-13: 9781930699458 Publisher: Project Management Institute Publication date: 10/01/2004

NIST SP 800-30 Rev 1 Guide for Conduction Risk Assessments 
    Joint Task Force - Computer Security Division NIST.  September 2012  

FIPS PUB 140-2 includes change notices (12-03-2002) Federal Information Processing Standards Publication: Security Requirements for Cryptographic Modules 
    May 25, 2001

ISO/IEC 21827:2008 Information technology -- Security techniques -- Systems Security Engineering -- Capability Maturity Model® (SSE-CMM®) 
    Current status: Published Publication date: 2008-10 Reviewed and remains current in 2014

National Information Assurance Partnership/Common Criteria Evaluation and Validation Scheme Publication #1 Organization, Management, and Concept of Operations March 2016 Version 4.0 
    by NSA/NIAP 

NIST SP 800-37 Rev 1 Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems. 
    Feb 2010 (updated 2014) Joint Task Force. 

NIST SP 800-53, Revision 4 Security and Privacy Controls for Federal Information Systems and Organizations. 
    Joint Task Force April 2013 

NIST SP 800-64 Revision 2 Security Considerations in the System Development Life Cycle 
    by Richard Kissel, Kevin Stine, Matthew Scholl, Hart Rossman, Jim Fahlsing, Jessica Gulick  October 2008 

NIST SP 800-88 Rev. 1 Guidelines for Media Sanitization 
    by Richard Kissel, Andrew Regenscheid, Matthew Scholl, and Kevin Stine December 2014  

NIST SP 800-100 Information Security Handbook: A Guide for Managers 
    by Pauline Bowen, Joan Hash, Mark Wilson Oct 2006 

NIST SP 800-115 Technical Guide to Information Security Testing and Assessment 
    by Karen Scarfone, Murugiah Souppaya, Amanda Cody, Angela Orebaugh.  September 2008. 

NIST Special Publication 800-160, Systems Security Engineering: Considerations for a Multidisciplinary Approach in the Engineering of Trustworthy Secure Systems 
    by Ron Ross, Michael McEvilley, Janet Carrier Oren November 2016 

Systems Engineering Fundamentals 
    by United States Government US Army Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (April 15, 2013) ISBN-13: 978-1484120835
    Thanks @jumblerr! I will definitely add these to my study collection. :-)
  • kmdickinsonkmdickinson Registered Users Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was looking at taking the ISSEP soon. I've taken the new FedVTE course on it and then scored a 60% on the test that it offers. I'm comfortable with the info but my knowledge isn't structured so reviewing these NIST pubs that @jumblerr posted will help. Can anyone comment if there are any additional resources? I honestly don't know how ISC2 can publish a test, charge $600 to take it, and not give you any BOK to study.
    @kmdickinson @PCTechLinc I made a spreadsheet of additional resources that were on the ISC2 Community Forums. its attached to this message
    @jumblerr Thanks. Got these downloaded now and sorted by domain to help me focus. Scheduling the exam for a few weeks from now. I'll let everyone know how I fare.Thanks again.
    @kmdickinson I'm rescheduled for 4/16!
    @jumblerr Thanks! I will be downloading when I get to work tomorrow.
    Has anyone tried the EDUSUM practice exams for the CISSP-ISSEP? I hear great reviews about EDUSUM in general but with the revamp of the ISSEP exam, I wonder how updated they are? Any thoughts?
  • H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Has anyone tried the EDUSUM practice exams for the CISSP-ISSEP? I hear great reviews about EDUSUM in general but with the revamp of the ISSEP exam, I wonder how updated they are? Any thoughts?
    I purchased the EDUSUM practice exams for the ISSEP in July of 2020 and they were terrible. All of the information is outdated and does not reflect the current suggested study materials by ISC2. 

• Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jumblerr said:

How do you manage to study for all of those exams in a single month? What did you use?
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    edited July 2020
    you are a CISSP machine :# well done!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE