What material is best for CISA exam preparation?

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
What is everyone using for CISA exam preparation? From skimming through the CISA forum it looks like the following:

• CISA Review Manual
  • CISA QAE Database
I'm also seeing various different study guides. Is one better than another?

Any advice on studying is appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• edsernedsern Registered Users Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What is everyone using for CISA exam preparation? From skimming through the CISA forum it looks like the following:

• CISA Review Manual
    • CISA QAE Database

CRM and QAE are already sufficient. Although you may refer to google/youtube once in a while when there are gray areas that you encounter during your review.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @edsern You used the CRM exclusively?
  • FSF150FSF150 Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you only could use one resource I'd recommend the QAE database. That alone does wonders in teaching you to "think like the auditor". Everything else is kind of a bonus, especially if you already have a background in it. 
    First we drink the coffee. Then we do the things. :neutral:
    FSF150 said:
    If you only could use one resource I'd recommend the QAE database. That alone does wonders in teaching you to "think like the auditor". Everything else is kind of a bonus, especially if you already have a background in it. 
    That's the thing, I really don't. I want to take the exam to increase my skill at measuring risk, communicating risk, and better understand governance. 
  • FSF150FSF150 Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm probably a bad role model, since I tend to punch outside my weight class on multiple-choice exams and my study habits reflect that. That being said I took CISA with a 2-day bootcamp course and the QAE. I bought the Sybex CISA guide of Amazon and maybe skimmed the first chapter. 

If you're talking risk governance I think the CRISC and related study materials are more geared for that (and I actually found the official CRISC manual to be a good resource, while I've never heard much positive feedback about the official CISA guide). 

In both cases I think the official QAE is the best foundation for test prep. 
    First we drink the coffee. Then we do the things. :neutral:
    Gotcha. Thank you for the replies. 
  • edsernedsern Registered Users Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    FSF150 said:
    That's the thing, I really don't. I want to take the exam to increase my skill at measuring risk, communicating risk, and better understand governance. 
    Then, you should read the CRM if that's the case. I read it twice together with the QAE. 
    Slight grumble. ISACA website is a horrible mess. What a navigation nightmare.
  • apfelschorleapfelschorle Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edsern said:

• CISA Review Manual
    • CISA QAE Database

CRM and QAE are already sufficient. Although you may refer to google/youtube once in a while when there are gray areas that you encounter during your review.
    I'm totally agree. :)
  • abumubabumub Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edited March 2019
    I used CISA RM & Official Database (Best Sources)+Hameng Doshi's Youtube's channel along-with his website cisaexamstudy.com as a supplementary source.These sources were quite enough for me to Pass exam.Official Database is best source to learn theme of Exam.Don't cram MCQs answers.Carefully study reason behind right or wrong answers.Read RM carefully at least Three times.Don't use any type of unofficial Database.It is only time-wasting.