Passed My 200-105(ICDN2) Exam Today

coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
Afternoon Everyone,

Took the ICDN1 back in October and passed.  Immediately following I started studying for the ICDN2.  Alot of material to go over, but by the grace of God and my father watching over me I was able to retain the information.  Some of the questions on the exam were lazy and bad wording.  I'm glad this is over.  Great way to start the year and now I can move forward with this term @ WGU.
WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
Completion Date: May 2021

Comments

• JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey great job man! What's next in your certification journey?
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!

What a great achievement.
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Fantastic work!

What is next on the list?
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    JD20 said:
    CompTIA Cloud Essentials is on my docket for this term so that'll be up next.  I'll rest my brain this week and get to studying starting the weekend.
  • JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    coreyb80 said:
    JD20 said:
    CompTIA Cloud Essentials is on my docket for this term so that'll be up next.  I'll rest my brain this week and get to studying starting the weekend.
    Nice. I just finished completing the Cloud Essentials for WGU a few weeks ago. All the material provided by WGU should suffice. Good luck!
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • kent05kent05 Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Can you share your study methods as I just started my ICND 2 & stuck at STP using Wendell Odem's book?
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Excellent News
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • RoyaltyRoyalty Registered Users Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited February 2019
    kent05 said:
    Congrats! Can you share your study methods as I just started my ICND 2 & stuck at STP using Wendell Odem's book?
    Hi Kent,
    I strongly advise getting yourself a set of videos, two different vendors if possible. Videos generally help your understanding on a basic level as the Cisco Press books go in a lot of depth quickly and can really throw you off. Please ask if you have any questions about STP and its variations.

I swear by using the Cisco Press books, but only as my last study source, apart from practice questions of course.

I personally used:
    • CBT Nuggets Jeremy Cioara's CCNA course.
    • Chris Bryant's CCNA 2018 200-125 Video Boot Camp (Udemy)
    • Wendell Odom's Cisco Press book.
    • MeasureUp practice test
    • Pearson Test Prep practice question software. (included in Cisco Press)

I studied in the order above.

Royalty said:

I swear by using the Cisco Press books, but only as my last study source, apart from practice questions of course.

I personally used:

You were able to pass with no labbing?
  • RoyaltyRoyalty Registered Users Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited February 2019
    Royalty said:

I personally used:

You were able to pass with no labbing?

Of course not! That usually goes without saying for me though, as usually you'd lab the material you read/watch.
    I used Packet Tracer for a lot of the simple stuff, and physical equipment for the functionality PT did not provide.

Switches: 3550s and 3750s
    Routers: 2621s and 2821s.

Ah ok, great...

But hey you never know. Some people have amazing abilities. :D
  • coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    kent05 said:
    I used the UCertify material, along with Cisco Packet Tracer, and I also have a lab at work as well.  Getting some experience with the networking team and asking them questions here at work helped as well.
  • LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Royalty said:
    kent05 said:
    Hi Kent,
    I strongly advise getting yourself a set of videos, two different vendors if possible. Videos generally help your understanding on a basic level as the Cisco Press books go in a lot of depth quickly and can really throw you off. Please ask if you have any questions about STP and its variations.

I personally used:

I agree with adding video courses to study materials. I am using the following for my ICND1 test:

I love Jeremy's CBT Nuggets video course. He has a way to keep it interesting and his teaching methods resonate with me. I am also using Odom's Cisco Press book, Chris Bryant's Udemy course, and Stormwind Studios CCENT course. While the books fill in the knowledge, the video courses show me how it's done. The combination has worked very well for me in the past.

Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
    Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
    Currently Working On: Security+
    2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+

• DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • jazz_01jazz_01 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your success!  :)
  • itguy4lifeitguy4life Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edited May 2019
    Congratulations, I remember back in the day where I was just starting out. I researched really hard to get to what I am right now. Thankfully, there are lots of websites where I grasped the knowledge that I needed to pass those exams. One remarkable website that I would like to share is certlibrary.com that is the website where I used to practice before and it helped me master the fundamentals that I need to pass the exams I needed. So I guess for the people who want to practice then that website is perfect because it has practice exams that will let you master each module quickly. Best of luck!