Passed AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner - March 2019

vCISO2017vCISO2017 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
Guys,
Just back from the exam center and my first AWS cert under the belt.
AWS CCP is a foundation exam covering a high level skim over the top of the various AWS services. As a head of a technical department it gave me the information I needed to have a conversation with a client and not get lost in the AWS terminology.

Steps Completed:
  • Linked a AWS certification A/C to my existing Amazon a/c (free)
  • Subscribed to the AWS CCP training series (free) - watched the series, took pages of bullet point notes
  • Downloaded the recommended study guides and studied them - Overview, Pricing Overview, TCO, Exam Guide (free)
  • Scheduled the exam through AWS\PSI ($100)
  • Bought the Whizlabs CCP Exams (3 x 65Q) and ensured strong passing grades (see image below) ($15)

All in all about 20-30 hours of effort & $115 cost, the exam was straightforward, very much a knowledge based exam as against a "try and catch you out" exam. I also read through the ACloudGuru and Linux Academy CCP forums for additional exam guidance and feedback.
HTH.
CITP | CCSP | CCSK | AWS CCP | VCP | CISM | CGEIT | CIPM | PMP | MCSE, etc.......

Comments

• shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah, I have recently added my Amazon account to my AWS acct too...I also added the Cloud Prac & the SysOps...I will be starting it later in the month.  Congrats!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nicely done. Thanks for sharing.
  • NadzzNadzz Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate, I have started week ago - currently studying through Simplelearn and AWS site. Very interesting subject CLOUD - love it. GShock any other tips? Thanks
  • vCISO2017vCISO2017 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi, hit the PDF's really hard and understand the terminology - best of luck!
    CITP | CCSP | CCSK | AWS CCP | VCP | CISM | CGEIT | CIPM | PMP | MCSE, etc.......
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner