Passed GCIH

DtrackDtrack Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed GCIH! Read the books twice and listened to the mp3s once. I do believe the exam was much harder than the practice exam. I had more real case scenerios and screenshots of the output command. I used 50% of my index and the rest went with my gut feeling. Glad it’s over, a lot of info sink in.
Tagged:

Comments

• Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass. I found the test questions to be very similar in difficulty, maybe the additional stress of it being live made it seem worse? I know I was looking up more answers to confirm what I was 99% sure on, since it counted more. Still ended up with about the same grade anyway. 
  • DtrackDtrack Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks Dan, the actual exam just seemed very wordy. I did fail both my practice exams, I dissected every question to make sure I understood the concept and made a stronger index. The testing center really sucked, I had to choose whatever was available since I waited until the day before of my exam date expiring. I was crammed up in small desk with dividers on each side.
  • jayaleemjayaleem Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In this case, the practice exams is easier than the exam which is not usually the norm.  The exam's questions are horribly written.  (At least the one I had).  I was getting mid 90s on the practice but scored mid 80s on the actual.
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jayaleem, that's interesting. You're actually the first person I've ever seen say that about GIAC practice exams. Maybe you got a fluke of all the badly written questions shuffled together into one exam, or maybe also just a less than perfect testing center and stress?
  • jayaleemjayaleem Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Danielm7, I believe a fluke exam.  That was my third GIAC exam, including the GCIA which is supposed to be one of the most difficult and I thought that was easier.
  • sunrise1994sunrise1994 Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Would like to ask if you have Lab Q/Hand on Q?
  • BillHooBillHoo Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DTrack - Congrats on the GCIH pass and welcome to the club!  SANS will issue your key to the members lounge with your framed certificate.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    edited September 2019
    jayaleem said:
    Danielm7, I believe a fluke exam.  That was my third GIAC exam, including the GCIA which is supposed to be one of the most difficult and I thought that was easier.

I think it the luck of the draw, I firmly believe the questions are pulled from a pool of possible questions. It makes sense, since there is a slight lag sometimes between questions, I believe it's the server selecting the next question and sending to your testing center PC, If the entire exam was sent to your test computer at the beginning of the test before asking you your first question, there would be no lag between questions.  

Still searching for the corner in a round room.