Network + 007 My Journey

bowmattybowmatty Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
My journey to achieve the network+ 007 certification.
Having a quick look over the exam and revision behind it, it seems very daunting and complicated. Thought id write my journey through this certificate to help others that are feeling the same.

My Plan, * Purchased Jason Dion’s Network + 007 Udemy Course

* Mike Meyers CompTIA 007 Book

* Network + Pro Mobile App

Will keep you updated with progress...

Comments

• bowmattybowmatty Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In addition to the above i have also purchased the Network+ Exam Cram book.
  • Basic85Basic85 Member Posts: 189 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do you know any good test simulations that are free or very lost cost? I bought the exam cram as well.
    HI mate,

I know of GNS3 simulator (i think its called) this is free, worth downloading.

Hows your studies going?
    bowmatty wrote: »
    HI mate,

I know of GNS3 simulator (i think its called) this is free, worth downloading.

Hows your studies going?

It's a tough road, I'm just reading the exam cram but I don't think that is enough. I'm going to see if I could create 3x5 card with phone app and test simulators. Hoping to get certified before the end of year.
    Yeah that's my plan aswell, get test done before end of year. Good luck to us both

Keep me updated
    Update:

Scoring 66-68% in practice exams, getting there slowly but surely.
    Revision is still ongoing (so much to take in and too many confusing similarity's in question answers)

Hoping to ace this by end of the year.

Passed the Network+ exam 729/720 (Barely passed I know; however, pass is still a pass)

I mentioned a year ago I would write how I passed.

Materials: 1. Jason Dion course and practice exams

2. Exam Cram book

3. Mike Meyers Practice exams

Firstly, I printed off the exam objectives https://certification.comptia.org/docs/default-source/exam-objectives/comptia-network-(n10-006)_examobjectives.pdf

When I started studying I found it very full on and overwhelmed with all the information I had to take, I ended up studying over a period of 8 months due to work and everyday duties and also not feeling very confident.

At the end of the course I was then onto the practice exams, I was scoring around 75-85% on both practice exams. Still didn’t feel very confident with taking the exam but thought “Well someday I’ll have to take it” I ended up booking.

Test day came around and my exam was booked for 9am, I was up early to go over notes and to memorise my notes to put onto the plastic notepad. (Research the test centre, when I had my A+ exam I was in a cubicle on my own, this time I booked at a different centre, I was in a room with others which was pretty distracting).
    So the exam started and literally the first 10 questions were so confusing and got me into a panic, I had the feeling of failure and thought OMG what a waste of money and this was way over my head. After the first 10 I got more confident and when I submitted my exam after reviewing most the questions I checked. I couldn’t believe it when “CONGRATULATIONS” appeared on my screen.

Overall I scored 729/720, I probably got those first 10 questions wrong haha, but I passed and now I don’t have to redo this in a hurry. I found this exam harder than the practice exams, however I passed so it must of been nervous at the time.

CCNA is next for me.   

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job! A pass is a pass don't let that number get in your way. Good luck on the CCNA.

I suggest booking the exam 3-4 months out and forcing yourself to take it. I know several people that have studied for it more then once but never took the exam. The best practice exam is to take the real thing!
    Congrats!  I still haven't mustard the courage to take this exam.  I'm going to buy it the voucher soon and schedule it at least 3 months out.  I
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    Basic85 said:
    Congrats!  I still haven't mustard the courage to take this exam.  I'm going to buy it the voucher soon and schedule it at least 3 months out.  I
    With the resources mentioned in this thread, 3 months should be more than enough time to study for this exam. We're rooting for you!
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Basic85 said:
    You will be fine once you are into the learning with a passing score in mind.