Tool for Folder Sizes on Windows Server

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
We have Server 2012 and store video files on it.  Simple breakdown is for every minute of video there is a folder and two files.  There's a good reason for that and it can't be changed, but the issue is the default properties on Windows takes forever to tell us how large the main folder holding everything else is.  Any third party tools that would allow for the quick calculation of folder size and number of folders/files?
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• ClickClackClickClack Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Look at WinDirStat and see if it meets your needs.
    windirstat.net

• AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited March 2019
    ^^^^
    I'd give that a go. We've always used that to tell us what is where on the HDD.

• shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    FileTree Free @ jam-software.com is very nice ~ Borat
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I tend to favor using unix-like tools in case I need to automate or script something so as a habit I would have cygwin installed on Windows and I would use du.
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    For super lightweight disk analyzers I would recommend SpaceSniffer. Its an executable that can be run anywhere and it has a solid breakdown of the files that stored on the disk. 
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have used filetree on a bunch of PCs. Useful for a quick glance.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Awesome!  Thanks all I'll give them a try!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • binarymanbinaryman Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would try Directory Report
    It is faster than WinDirStat - helpful when you are scanning millions of files
  • Rom1984Rom1984 Registered Users Posts: 10 ■■□□□□□□□□
    +1 for treesize free
  • macboy81macboy81 Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    +1 Treesize and we pay for license for whole team its a great tool not just for sizes but permissions etc but Free version will do what you need
  • yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 196 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I will recommend Spacesniffer, simple and useful plus gives you a good looking graph.
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”