Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    DoevilDoevil Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Doevil said:
    Doevil, do you mind offering any tips for someone in the pipeline to the sandbox? I'm in the clearance process now and am curious about what I can expect for living conditions, what to pack, and what there is to do to pass the time. What is the internet like out there?

Sure.  I'll start by saying; read this entire post. All 44 pages of it.  There is a ton of good info on here that really helped me out.  Best advise is to travel light. Do everything in your power to travel to CRC with only a backpack. 3-5 days clothes and toiletries.  When at CRC buy the large rolling bag for your TA-50 (armor vest and helmet) gear.  You will spend 2 weeks traveling and not having 3 bags makes a huge difference. Get your address ahead of time and ships as much as you can.  I packed up a pelican footlocker and sent that over.  Saved my ass.  You will learn patience in this process.  you are right now months from being in country.  Vectrus is slow.  In my humble opinion they are slow, but organized.  Although not perfect.  I felt lost through the CRC and travel to site steps.  Use this time to bulk up on certs.  I know that SA's (Systems Administrators) are in high demand in Afghanistan and Iraq (where the money is). Here at KAF we have only one. 2 of us are here and awaiting our credentials to get to work. I'm currently working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week.  Arduous, but great money.  Make sure you verify your current certs qualify for the job promised.  3 guys here at KAF came over as SA's with their Server+; that works in Iraq, but not here. They are currently working in ADPE (computer imaging/repair) until they get their MCSA 2012/16 cert to be SA's.  Feel free to ask any specific question(s). I'm here all night, every night. :-)

Living conditions are tight, 3 guys in a four man room.  Bring 550 cord and curtains/blankets to cordon off a private area. Internet sux, but is good enough for one stream of Netflix/hulu/Plex at low resolution.   Food is good, better than any other base I visited along the way.  To pass time you can study and test on sight, hit the gym, read, or like a lazy fat ass like me, sit in your bed and watch TV. 

Much appreciated on the info. I found this forum back in November when I got the offer and chewed through all 40 pages in an afternoon lol. Advice for another source never hurts, though.

I have Sec+ but I need a CE cert before I deploy. I'm gonna go for one of the Win10 certs just to get it out of the way. I was offered an SA position but didn't pass the tech interview, however, they interviewed me for ADPE/Service Desk Admin and I passed, so I assume I'm gonna be living in an upgrade/imaging slog for my duration. I've heard they Vecturs is big on inter promotion and advancement, though. I will try to get some more knowledge under my belt and try to get an SA position when I'm out there. Have you seen this happen for anyone else?

Regarding the "2 weeks traveling" is that including the week at CRC? If not, what is the process of getting on location like? Also, how much was shipping for your pelican box?

Thank you

Most SA's here came from the ADPE shop.  Vectrus is very supportive of moving up, after 180 days on the job.  Lots of good study material here onsite for your MCSA, plan to do it in country if you don't do it prior to deployment.  It took me 2 weeks of travel AFTER CRC.  Granted there were some weather delays, but as contractors we are the red headed step children and get lowest priority on flights.  I spent 5 days at Bagram trying to get on a flight to Kandahar.  It was brutal.  Temporary housing sucks balls.  I hate all the moving.  I was sooo glad to finally get settled here at KAF, just to find out I need to pack up and move onto another base soon. Ugh.  The travel process from CRC is like this:  packed commercial jet (MILair) to east coast. several hour layover than onto Germany, several more hour layover than onto Kuwait (2 day total with time changes).  A week in Kuwait (Vectrus says 3 days, it's not) with Vectrus for more CBT's and Afghan visas.  Then military plane to Bagram, 1 or 2 days (usually) layover then flight to KAF/NKIA/Shorab (or whatever base you're assigned.)  Do understand what ever Vectrus says as to your duty station, it is subject to change any moment, even after you get there (as in my case.)  Some guys had shipped stuff to their duty station only to end up at another.  Don't worry about this, Vectrus will help get your stuff shipped to you, wherever it is.

I paid $500 for my pelican footlocker (IMO worth every penny) as other brands are less durable.  It cost me $110 to ship it to Kandahar at 70 pounds. 

• Options
    MHardesty619MHardesty619 Registered Users Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Doevil said:
    Doevil said:
    Doevil, do you mind offering any tips for someone in the pipeline to the sandbox? I'm in the clearance process now and am curious about what I can expect for living conditions, what to pack, and what there is to do to pass the time. What is the internet like out there?

Sure.  I'll start by saying; read this entire post. All 44 pages of it.  There is a ton of good info on here that really helped me out.  Best advise is to travel light. Do everything in your power to travel to CRC with only a backpack. 3-5 days clothes and toiletries.  When at CRC buy the large rolling bag for your TA-50 (armor vest and helmet) gear.  You will spend 2 weeks traveling and not having 3 bags makes a huge difference. Get your address ahead of time and ships as much as you can.  I packed up a pelican footlocker and sent that over.  Saved my ass.  You will learn patience in this process.  you are right now months from being in country.  Vectrus is slow.  In my humble opinion they are slow, but organized.  Although not perfect.  I felt lost through the CRC and travel to site steps.  Use this time to bulk up on certs.  I know that SA's (Systems Administrators) are in high demand in Afghanistan and Iraq (where the money is). Here at KAF we have only one. 2 of us are here and awaiting our credentials to get to work. I'm currently working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week.  Arduous, but great money.  Make sure you verify your current certs qualify for the job promised.  3 guys here at KAF came over as SA's with their Server+; that works in Iraq, but not here. They are currently working in ADPE (computer imaging/repair) until they get their MCSA 2012/16 cert to be SA's.  Feel free to ask any specific question(s). I'm here all night, every night. :-)

Living conditions are tight, 3 guys in a four man room.  Bring 550 cord and curtains/blankets to cordon off a private area. Internet sux, but is good enough for one stream of Netflix/hulu/Plex at low resolution.   Food is good, better than any other base I visited along the way.  To pass time you can study and test on sight, hit the gym, read, or like a lazy fat ass like me, sit in your bed and watch TV. 

Much appreciated on the info. I found this forum back in November when I got the offer and chewed through all 40 pages in an afternoon lol. Advice for another source never hurts, though.

I have Sec+ but I need a CE cert before I deploy. I'm gonna go for one of the Win10 certs just to get it out of the way. I was offered an SA position but didn't pass the tech interview, however, they interviewed me for ADPE/Service Desk Admin and I passed, so I assume I'm gonna be living in an upgrade/imaging slog for my duration. I've heard they Vecturs is big on inter promotion and advancement, though. I will try to get some more knowledge under my belt and try to get an SA position when I'm out there. Have you seen this happen for anyone else?

Regarding the "2 weeks traveling" is that including the week at CRC? If not, what is the process of getting on location like? Also, how much was shipping for your pelican box?

Thank you

Most SA's here came from the ADPE shop.  Vectrus is very supportive of moving up, after 180 days on the job.  Lots of good study material here onsite for your MCSA, plan to do it in country if you don't do it prior to deployment.  It took me 2 weeks of travel AFTER CRC.  Granted there were some weather delays, but as contractors we are the red headed step children and get lowest priority on flights.  I spent 5 days at Bagram trying to get on a flight to Kandahar.  It was brutal.  Temporary housing sucks balls.  I hate all the moving.  I was sooo glad to finally get settled here at KAF, just to find out I need to pack up and move onto another base soon. Ugh.  The travel process from CRC is like this:  packed commercial jet (MILair) to east coast. several hour layover than onto Germany, several more hour layover than onto Kuwait (2 day total with time changes).  A week in Kuwait (Vectrus says 3 days, it's not) with Vectrus for more CBT's and Afghan visas.  Then military plane to Bagram, 1 or 2 days (usually) layover then flight to KAF/NKIA/Shorab (or whatever base you're assigned.)  Do understand what ever Vectrus says as to your duty station, it is subject to change any moment, even after you get there (as in my case.)  Some guys had shipped stuff to their duty station only to end up at another.  Don't worry about this, Vectrus will help get your stuff shipped to you, wherever it is.

I paid $500 for my pelican footlocker (IMO worth every penny) as other brands are less durable.  It cost me $110 to ship it to Kandahar at 70 pounds. 

Glad to hear about the regular upgrade out of the ADPE shop. I think I read that Vectrus offers access to CBTNuggets and other IT training resources, is that correct? I plan on getting a lot of self-improvement done while over there, career and physical. I would also like to relax playing some games too. Is there room for a computer area or like an Xbox and TV in your personal living space or is a laptop the way to go? And, I'm assuming you used USPS for shipping?

Thank you again for all of the info
  • Options
    Doevil said:
    Doevil said:

Thank you

Glad to hear about the regular upgrade out of the ADPE shop. I think I read that Vectrus offers access to CBTNuggets and other IT training resources, is that correct? I plan on getting a lot of self-improvement done while over there, career and physical. I would also like to relax playing some games too. Is there room for a computer area or like an Xbox and TV in your personal living space or is a laptop the way to go? And, I'm assuming you used USPS for shipping?

Thank you again for all of the info

Yes on CBTNuggets and also they reimburse for testing. Lots of opportunity for self improvement here.  Space though is at a premium, laptop yes, 40" TV yes, Xbox yes, a desktop computer is probably pushing it though.  You'll get one large locker and a small 2 drawer night stand.  A desktop computer is probably too much.  I bought 2 plastic 4 drawer stands at the PX, my TV sits on that.   My laptop is on a small over bed table.  That's about all the room I got.  USPS is the only way to go.  UPS quoted $1,600 to ship the same footlocker USPS shipped for $110. FedEx was $2,200. 
  • Options
    Doevil said:
    Yes on CBTNuggets and also they reimburse for testing. Lots of opportunity for self improvement here.  Space though is at a premium, laptop yes, 40" TV yes, Xbox yes, a desktop computer is probably pushing it though.  You'll get one large locker and a small 2 drawer night stand.  A desktop computer is probably too much.  I bought 2 plastic 4 drawer stands at the PX, my TV sits on that.   My laptop is on a small over bed table.  That's about all the room I got.  USPS is the only way to go.  UPS quoted $1,600 to ship the same footlocker USPS shipped for $110. FedEx was $2,200. 

Good **** god.... Yeah, USPS for the win. Great to know about the Xbox/TV combo, I will look into arrangements for that. Did you pack the TV in your footlocker or Amazon it to yourself? Last question I can think of right now, which Pelican box did you get? 

Thanks! 
  • Options
    Doevil said:

Good **** god.... Yeah, USPS for the win. Great to know about the Xbox/TV combo, I will look into arrangements for that. Did you pack the TV in your footlocker or Amazon it to yourself? Last question I can think of right now, which Pelican box did you get? 

Thanks! 

I bought the TV here at the PX. A Westinghouse 40" smart tv for $225.  I just heard the same tv is at Bagram for $159.  I would wait on the TV until you arrive.  Check out the PX options at the time and amazon if not satisfied. Amazon takes about 2 weeks but is not a problem to deliver here to an APO.  I was looking for a 32", but none were available.  Due to my lack of patience I bought the 40" they had at the PX.  Fits nicely at the foot of my bed. :-)  Pelican has lots of boxes, but only 2 "footlockers".  I got the bigger of the 2. 

• Options
    Awesome. Thanks again for all of the info. I and many others that will follow are grateful for the tips.
  • Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Doevil said:
    Doevil said:

Thank you

I’m the buddy at Shorab, if your only TDY then there is a chance you’ll be tented, “Permanent” residents eventually get hard billeting. We work 10 6, off on Sunday, I’m sure the same applies to you when you get here. Not bad to be a solo SA here. I enjoy it, I’ll either see you when I get back from KAF because I’m taking my CASP in the next couple of weeks.
    V/R

• Options
    Xepher said:
    Doevil said:
    Doevil said:

Thank you

I’m the buddy at Shorab, if your only TDY then there is a chance you’ll be tented, “Permanent” residents eventually get hard billeting. We work 10 6, off on Sunday, I’m sure the same applies to you when you get here. Not bad to be a solo SA here. I enjoy it, I’ll either see you when I get back from KAF because I’m taking my CASP in the next couple of weeks.
    Bring a laptop or entertainment, trust me you’ll use it. The gym is nice, and things are laid back, but don’t get complacent, but **** happens.
    V/R

• Options
    Don’t get complacent in the job or in the surroundings? I don’t plan on doing either, but I’d rather know what you meant.
  • Options
    Note there is a base closing, but those guys will be pushed to other bases.
    V/R

• Options
    Don’t get complacent in the job or in the surroundings? I don’t plan on doing either, but I’d rather know what you meant.
    Surrounding lol, I’m typing this on my phone in the AM. This is still a war zone. 
    V/R

• Options
    Xepher said:
    Doevil said:
    Doevil said:

Thank you

Nice to meet you. I've followed you on here for awhile.  Thanks for that.  Look me up when you're at KAF, I'm the new guy on nights waiting around for my credentials. :-)  I'm TDY'ing for 90+ days, I'll be real upset if I'm in a tent.  That'll suck.  I am not above bribery. :-)  Thanks for all the good info!  I hope to shake your hand.
  • Options
    heezyhuynh404heezyhuynh404 Registered Users Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited March 2019
    I have been a lurker for some time just posting on the Security + forum but I kind of want to stick in my input, I'm currently deployed in Iraq. My job is to serve as the IMO and augment the Vectrus Service Desk. I have gained a lot of experience and have been given a offer for Afghanistan for System Admin 1, but during the tech interview, I also requested to be put in Iraq since I was real familiar with the area and how the service desk run things. I accepted the offer but the recruiter had to withdraw it because I was not headed home from my deployment yet, he emailed me and told me once I was redeploying back home to email him and he will send me my offer again, I'm just worried positions maybe filled up by the time I leave Iraq, anyone from Vectrus got any input on this?
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited March 2019
    I have been a lurker for some time just posting on the Security + forum but I kind of want to stick in my input, I'm currently deployed in Iraq. My job is to serve as the IMO and augment the Vectrus Service Desk. I have gained a lot of experience and have been given a offer for Afghanistan for System Admin 1, but during the tech interview, I also requested to be put in Iraq since I was real familiar with the area and how the service desk run things. I accepted the offer but the recruiter had to withdraw it because I was not headed home from my deployment yet, he emailed me and told me once I was redeploying back home to email him and he will send me my offer again, I'm just worried positions maybe filled up by the time I leave Iraq, anyone from Vectrus got any input on this?
    The positions are not going to fill up. Since I have been here 3 SA have left and that is only at my site. Also coming towards the end of the contract keep that in mind.
  • Options
    heezyhuynh404heezyhuynh404 Registered Users Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Speghetty said:
    The positions are not going to fill up. Since I have been here 3 SA have left and that is only at my site. Also coming towards the end of the contract keep that in mind.
    Thanks for the input, I'm headed back home next month and will be emailing the recruiter about my return! If it all goes well, I look forward meeting you all!
  • Options
    brambisbrambis Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited March 2019
    Question for anybody who's been thru the recruitment process in the last couple of years. Does Vectrus, particularly the security team send out correspondance via snail mail(usps) or is it all email? Like did anyone get notice to do their eqip via a letter? Trying to determine if I need to provide my mailing address or my physical address on the initial onboarding tasks. Also when in the process do you start the clearance?
  • Options
    SyntheticMeSyntheticMe Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    brambis said:
    Question for anybody who's been thru the recruitment process in the last couple of years. Does Vectrus, particularly the security team send out correspondance via snail mail(usps) or is it all email? Like did anyone get notice to do their eqip via a letter? 
    With the exception of fingerprint card and things you must sign and send in, its all electronic. That said, print and save a hard copy of everything for your own records.

The eQip is a beast, Good luck.
  • Options
    brambisbrambis Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    brambis said:
    Question for anybody who's been thru the recruitment process in the last couple of years. Does Vectrus, particularly the security team send out correspondance via snail mail(usps) or is it all email? Like did anyone get notice to do their eqip via a letter? 
    With the exception of fingerprint card and things you must sign and send in, its all electronic. That said, print and save a hard copy of everything for your own records.

Thanks. Do they usually start that directly after you finish those initial 24 tasks? I still have to get my official DD214 from the vet records center which could take weeks. 
  • Options
    SyntheticMeSyntheticMe Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    brambis said:
    brambis said:

Thanks. Do they usually start that directly after you finish those initial 24 tasks? I still have to get my official DD214 from the vet records center which could take weeks. 
    I'll just quote DoEvil:

Sure.  I'll start by saying; read this entire post. All 44 pages of it.  There is a ton of good info on here that really helped me out.  Best advise is to travel light. Do everything in your power to travel to CRC with only a backpack. 3-5 days clothes and toiletries.  When at CRC buy the large rolling bag for your TA-50 (armor vest and helmet) gear.  You will spend 2 weeks traveling and not having 3 bags makes a huge difference. Get your address ahead of time and ships as much as you can.  I packed up a pelican footlocker and sent that over.  Saved my ass.  You will learn patience in this process.  you are right now months from being in country.  Vectrus is slow.  In my humble opinion they are slow, but organized.  Although not perfect.  I felt lost through the CRC and travel to site steps.  Use this time to bulk up on certs.  I know that SA's (Systems Administrators) are in high demand in Afghanistan and Iraq (where the money is). Here at KAF we have only one. 2 of us are here and awaiting our credentials to get to work. I'm currently working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week.  Arduous, but great money.  Make sure you verify your current certs qualify for the job promised.  3 guys here at KAF came over as SA's with their Server+; that works in Iraq, but not here. They are currently working in ADPE (computer imaging/repair) until they get their MCSA 2012/16 cert to be SA's.  Feel free to ask any specific question(s). I'm here all night, every night.
  • Options
    snapdadsnapdad Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do they pay you for your time at CRC and time traveling over to the Middle East? 
  • Options
    snapdad said:
    Do they pay you for your time at CRC and time traveling over to the Middle East? 
    Yes but you will NOT receive your uplift there.
  • Options
    Also do you not have a clearance already?
  • Options
    edited March 2019

So after reading through this topic a few times, scouring Reddit, and diving through Google, I have come up with a list of what people recommended for quality of life items. This came from contractors and active duty soldiers, so some things may only make sense for someone out in the field, but I wasn't sure if they wouldn't be for myself or not.  

Footlocker
    Stanley 037025H 50 Gallon Mobile Chest

Or

Pelican 472-FTLK-1 Footlocker

The Pelican is the best choice for durability and safety as it is MilSpec designed and intended to protect delicate items in harsh conditions. However, it's $400 and only has 70 liters of internal storage with a weight of 23 lbs.

The Stanley is not intended to protect delicate items, but it has 190 liters of storage space, weighs 30 lbs, and costs less than $100. Room to spare to fill with padding to protect anything important.

I think the decision is going to come down to, what do I need to pack and ship over and how much does it weigh/space it takes up Vs. how much can I just ship from Amazon without looking like a psychopath when I arrive at AFG to 80 amazon boxes waiting for me.

Shoes

Crocs (For shower shoes)
    Quality Hiking Shoes
    Quality Hiking Boots
    Reef Flip-Flops
    Slippers
    Gym Shoes

Crocs have been said by all to be the best choice for showering footwear as walking around is a **** in flip-flops.
    Boots and shoes are self-explanatory, for hot and cold seasons. Same goes for the flip-flops and slippers for off-hours walking around in housing. 

Clothing

5 Cargo Pants
    5 - 7 collared shirts/polos
    5 T-Shirts
    5 Hawaiian Shirts
    14 Under Shirts
    14 Boxers
    14 very nice socks
    2 pair pajamas
    3 gym shorts
    2 Thermal pants
    1 Winter Jacket
    2 Hoodies
    Not much to explain about clothing other than I really like Hawaiian shirts and I'm not sure how much of anything to bring. I am assuming there's a long turn around on laundry service so not sure how much carryover I need between laundry days. I plan to have 2 laundry bags and just drop off every time I pick up maybe once a week?

People have suggested both LAPolicegear and TacticalGear websites for pants, polos, etc. 

Accessories 
    2 Reflective Belts
    2 Pair prescription sunglasses
    2 Pair regular prescription glasses
    1 pair light gloves
    1 pair heavy gloves

Mostly self-explanatory. Different gloves for different levels of cold weather. Belts are for moving around at night as I've heard its a safety requirement. 

Bathing/Toiletries 
    2 nice bath towels
    1 Microfiber towel
    2 loofas
    Shower Caddy
    Moisturizing soap/shampoo/body wash
    Gold Bond Foot and Body Powder
    Sunblock
    3 toothbrushes
    toothpaste
    3 sticks of deodorant
    3 pack of razors
    Shaving cream
    Beard trimmer
    Beard grooming kit
    Q-tips
    Tums

Again, mostly self-explanatory. Just stuff I use every day.

Miscellaneous 

Bed Stuff
    2 sets Comfy sheets
    Thermal Blanket
    Memory Foam Pillow
    Gel Foam mattress topper

I have a really comfortable bed at home and am used to a King sized mattress. I'm also 6'2" so if I'm gonna live curled up on a Full sized bed, I'm at least gonna make it as comfy as I can.

Room Stuff
    Canvas chair/tripod chair
    Bedside fan
    Blackout Curtains
    3 combination locks
    550 cord
    3m hooks
    20lb magnet hooks
    20 button magnets

Mostly this is just for partitioning the living space for privacy and for hanging things. Not sure if the walls are magnetic, so the magnet hooks may be less useful. 3M hooks to hang just about everything. I am gonna get some really heavy duty ones to hang whatever flatscreen I can pick up out there at the PX.

Storage Stuff
    Bungie Cords
    Vacuum bags
    Clear Hanging Shoe Organizer (Not for shoes)
    Box of 1-quart ziplock bags
    Zip Ties
    Dozen carabiners

Random Stuff
    Shoe deodorizer - powder and UV
    Duct tape
    Electrical tape - various colors
    2 Mesh Laundry bags
    Multi-Tool
    Camping Hammock
    Tape measure
    180 days of medication

Medication is a Vectrus requirement. The hammock is because they are super small and light, and I like relaxing in a hammock. If the weather is decent and I can find a place I'd chill in that for a few hours on my off time. Everything else is useful and the UV shoe deodorizer is because I have really sweaty feet and my shoes get really funky really fast, so this is for whoever is living with me.

Electronics

Personal
    iPad
    Battery pack
    3 pair earbuds
    1 Bluetooth sleep mask

Room
    1 power strip
    X-Box
    Wireless access point
    External Hard Drive 4tb
    External Hard Drive Case
    Logitech Trackball Mouse
    Wireless keyboard
    3 iPhone chargers
    3 Micro USB3 cables
    3 USB extension cables
    2 HDMI cables
    Bluetooth speaker
    USB Splitter
    90 degree HDMI adapter

Travel Carry-On

Nintendo Switch
    Laptop
    Cellphone
    ID
    Passport
    Cash
    Ibuprofen/tums
    Dream Water
    30 days of medication
    Small travel pillow/Neck Pillow

Apologies for another wall of text. Please let me know what yall think. 

• Options

About perfect list. I cant think of anything missed.  Keep it mind you want to ship most of that and travel as light as possible.  I strongly recommend the pelican foot locker, although pricy it is perfect for out here.  If selecting an alternative make sure it has wheels.  You don't want to be lugging a 70+ pound container from the mail room to your quarters (it wont be close by.) 
  • Options

I'm heading out to Shorab hopefully this weekend, maybe next depending on my Afghan Visa and KAF ID card.  I sent an email to the NA (LNO?) over there about getting me in hard billeting as I will be an "extended" stay, but got no reply.  Mind putting in a word for me? Hope to meet you soon.
  • Options
    wakandawakanda Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Xepher said:
    I go to CRC in less then 2 weeks.
    What is the average wait time for Vectrus if you have everything done and you're just waiting for a CRC date?
  • Options
    roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Here's a tip: Whatever the "salary" or "hourly rate" is, do some research on the same job description and title. I took a gig because it was an insane salary for me at the time. But after I had accepted the offer, I got another call my a different recruiter for the same exact job and company. The only catch was this one paid $20 more per hour!!! Had I waited 2 days, $20 bucks more per hour would have come my way. I learned a bit about the backend IT recruitment and contracting world that day. I would later find out how much I was being paid vs how much my contracting company was being paid for me by the company. The markup is huge, so don't be afraid to negotiate your salary. It's hard to find people who want to go overseas, so they have some wiggle room usually when offering a salary.
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • Options
    wiredtitanwiredtitan Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow! $20 more per hour is huge for wiggle room. Duly noted.
    CCNA, Security+ and other certifications that haven't been worth mentioning
  • Options
    I will tell you upfront Vectrus does not negotiate salary. That jump in pay was probably due to the contract change.
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Speghetty said:
    I will tell you upfront Vectrus does not negotiate salary. That jump in pay was probably due to the contract change.
    When they made their offer to me, I had to decline because I couldn't relocate at the time.  The recruiter came back with more $.  I think it probably depends on the position.