Windows Server 2019 Certification

Judderman88Judderman88 Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All
I had a quick scan and couldn't find any info on this site, nor Microsoft for that matter. Has anyone heard what the intention is regarding Server 2019 certification? I've heard they are going more role specific? Any idea as to when an announcement may take place?
I have to submit a training proposal fairly quickly, would like to go straight to 2019 rather than 2016 so any information would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    edited March 2019
    It's way too early. It usually take a bit after the product comes out. From a cost perspective I can't imagine training expenses being night and day so you may be best served submitting a proposal for 2016 material and adjusting later on.
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wont be for at least 18 months. 

Server 2019 is no less than 6 months old after they pulled it and re-released it in December.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Judderman88Judderman88 Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the responses
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    To get ahead of the game, download the 2019 ISO so you can build a lab and start tinkering.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have not even finished my 2016 MCSA but I am looking forward to the 2019 exam someday. This was all new to me and I feel like I forget the new stuff as fast as I learn it. I have a feeling studying for 2019 will make a lot more sense and be easier to retain since I now have a better understanding of the features.
  • Judderman88Judderman88 Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was hoping to jump straight to the 2019 certification to be as current as possible. I've not sat an exam in almost 4 years so a bit out of practice and out of date
    2019 will most likely not be used in a production environment 2020 so you might as well get REALLY familiar with 2016 and then start working on labbing in 2019. Knowing 2016 will help you with 2019.
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have installed a few Server 2019,  it look like Server 2016, I didnt see much difference. So work on Server 2016,. then do the upgrade exam for 2019 when it is ready :) 
  • ArkrainArkrain Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's way too early. It usually take a bit after the product comes out. From a cost perspective I can't imagine training expenses being night and day so you may be best served submitting a proposal for 2016 material and adjusting later on.
    Windows Server 2016 was released on September of 2016 and in October was when the first beta exam was released.

I think in my own opinion that they are designing the new path for the on-premise certifications as they are doing for the cloud path.

Arkrain said:
    Windows Server 2016 was released on September of 2016 and in October was when the first beta exam was released.

I think in my own opinion that they are designing the new path for the on-premise certifications as they are doing for the cloud path.

Certification for 2019 will most likely not happen until 2008/2008R2 reaches end of support (EOS) in Jan 2020 but could happen in the last quarter of 2019.

Best bang for the buck. Push for 2016 certification because it will not be EOS until 2027. The delta exam can used to upgrade from 2016 to 20199.