LPI Membership

cochi78cochi78 Member Posts: 72 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am possibly very late on this, but it did not pop up in my news so far: The LPI is planning a membership, which might include a continuing education (CEU) program to renew their certs as well.

I am thrilled about this, because I was hesitant to add more LPI certs due to my current renewal load [thanks to AWS for increasing their validity period to 3 years, so it got much better already].

What are your thoughts? Their preliminary info and survey is on https://www.lpi.org/member

Comments

• yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited March 2019
    I wish there wasn't also a Linux Foundation, who also offers certs and training. Or maybe combine and not being so confusing and diluting of Linux certs.

That said I don't plan on any more Linux Foundation and I do want to continue with Linux training and certification, so to answer your question, well I don't know. Muddy thoughts over here. :smile:  
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing @cochi78.

Always felt the 5 year renewal for LPI certs was very fair. I reckon this is good for LPI.
    Having the option of maintaining active status without retaking exams is valuable considering most individuals hold multiple certs.