Headphone suggestions

bowmattybowmatty Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys im looking for a reasonable good priced pair of wireless headphones for my studies, gotta be noise cancelling. 

Any suggestions? 

Comments

• DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Would you be interested in noise isolation earbuds? I've been using Shure earbuds and they have done a solid job for the last 10 years. They pretty much block out all the noise if you're looking for that kind of noise isolation.
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Bose QC35II I love them. Picked it up on sale too.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    mikey88 said:
    Bose QC35II I love them. Picked it up on sale too.
    A few of the folks in my office use that and they like have positive things to say about it. I have yet to try it out. 
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    edited March 2019
    What do you use Alexa in them for? Hands-free Googling?
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    When I was looking for a pair of high quality noise cancelling headphones, I had narrowed it down to three pairs before finally making my decision. They were:
    • Sony WH-1000XM3
    • Bose QC35 II
    • Sennheiser PXC 550
    They all were at a pretty similar price point before sales, at around $350. I got a chance to try them all in person, and I ended up choosing the QC35s mainly because of comfort. They didn't squeeze too hard, but they still felt very planted on my head. The Sony's squeezed a little to hard, and the Sennheiser's weren't quite big enough on the inside to clear my ears. If I were you, I'd definitely head to an electronics store to demo them all next to one another. 
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
     If I were you, I'd definitely head to an electronics store to demo them all next to one another. 
    Exactly what I did. At Best Buy, they have the top models side by side so you can try em on and compare. I agree, as far as comfort, QC35II is a clear winner.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• bowmattybowmatty Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    • Sennheiser PXC 550 as Sam mentioned.
  • LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How is sound quality these days with wireless units?

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
    I don't really see a huge loss in quality when I'm using my QC35s. Bluetooth has always had some momentary issues, but they're certainly not frequent enough for me to recommend against it. If you're a true audiophile, you may notice some quality drop, but it's not much. 
    Who we are | What we do
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Oh, yikes! I didn't know about that! I guess you can opt-out of data sharing by uninstalling the app, so that's a bummer. I guess you're not missing out on much, but it might be enough to push people towards Sennheiser or Sony.
    Who we are | What we do