Passed RHCSA yesterday, new job Monday.

PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
Well after just under 4 years doing desktop support, I've landed a new job doing application support/junior devops at a software engineering company. It's basically everything I was looking for, so I feel extremely blessed to get it. Better location, money & miles better in terms of potential for growth. Couldn't ask for much more. 

Also took a trip down to London to take my RHCSA exam. Took my eye off the ball on this one with the job search over the last couple of months, but managed to get over the line, comfortably with a 267/300. Great cert, really fun exam and would recommend anyone who wants to improve their linux skills to do it. Just a shame it's so expensive.

I'm probably going to put certs on the backburner to an extent now. I've passed 20 exams in 5 years now. (And failed a whole lot too) I've got RHCE and OSCP in my sights, but they'll come when they come, I don't really have firm deadlines for them. 

I know I don't post a lot on here, or any other social media sites for that matter. But coming on here was initially the catalyst for me getting into this industry and it's really starting to look like all of the work is paying off. I've really been able to feed off other people's exam success and drive for more success over the years and without seeing other people achieve what they have through certification, I probably wouldn't have believed it to be possible, and vicariously not achieved what I have. 

So thank you to everyone who has participated in this forum, even since before I joined. It's really helped me transform my career, and my life to an extent too.
Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
Working on - RHCE

Comments

• AvgITGeekAvgITGeek Member Posts: 342 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! It really is a great feeling to have this opportunity and it's something that you love!

Congrats again!
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This is great. 👏👍

Congratulations and best wishes in continuing to further your career!

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hard work pays off! Enjoy a break it is well deserved. I'm looking to change careers very soon and my expectation is to work on one cert per year. That way I am learning but not stressing.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!  Still studying for this one myself!
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    Congratulations! You definitely deserve a break after 20 exams - just make sure to stop on by when you're back on the grind for your RHCE and OSCP!
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! Nicely done
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • minitminit Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you have previous linux or scripting experience for the job? What type of devops stuff will you be doing? Its rare to see junior level positions for devops.

Congrats!