SISAS - Passed

mitchflossinmitchflossin Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys!  Just finished taking the exam and boy was it a doozey.  I used CBT Nuggets and the OCG to prepare, and quite frankly, I don't think either of them were very helpful.  I've been working with ISE in production for the past year and a half or so, and I think that helped more than anything (and lots of prayers :) ).  Seemed like there were quite a few questions that were pulled out of some obscure white paper.  But I have heard other people say the OCG was instrumental in passing - I just didn't think it was based on the questions I got.

Any way, good luck to anyone else tackling this!

Comments

• Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    Congratulations on the pass! Do you have any cert/career plans for the future?
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!  I took the exam 3 weeks ago.  I used CBT Nuggets, Pluralsight and Stormwind.  I barely passed :)
  • Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    well done to both
  • mitchflossinmitchflossin Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you!  I have SIMOS and SITCS left to complete my CCNP Security.  Haven't decided which one to tackle next. :)
    I have SIMOS and SITCS left to complete my CCNP Security.  Haven't decided which one to tackle next.
    Go for the SITCS! I'm a firewall buff though, so my opinion may be tainted. Are you going to hop right into prepping for the next exam, or take a break for a while?
    Who we are | What we do
    Man I love firewalls too... I'm super passionate about all things Cisco (especially security related) though :D  I'm going on vacation in June, so I may wait until after I get back to hit the studying hard again.  SITCS scares me because I have no experience with NGFW, and at least with SIMOS, I could lab everything up in GNS3 until the cows come home.  Have you taken either of those exams yet?
    I haven't taken the exam, but I did work with Palo Alto's NGFW quite a bit at an old job. It's just nuts how powerful it is - super interesting stuff!
    Who we are | What we do
  • securitychopssecuritychops Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing!  :)
    Current Certs   : OSCE, OSCP, CISSP, Pentest+, Security+, SLAE, SLAE64
    Goals for 2019 : OSEE
    Goals for 2020 : OSWE
  • MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thank you!  I have SIMOS and SITCS left to complete my CCNP Security.  Haven't decided which one to tackle next. :)
    are you copying me? I have the same two left LOL

I'm saving SIMOS for last